24/7 breathing difficulties please help

Posted , 27 users are following.

Hi everyone, for the past year I have been suffering terribly with difficulty breathing and its worsened over the past few weeks. I constantly feel like I'm not breathing properly or as I should be. It feels very restricted when I breathe in and this sensation doesn't go away. I'm terrified. I'm too scared to do anything. It makes day to day life extremely difficult. I've had X-Ray's, Ecgs and my sats levels are always 98 and they've all came back normal. My doctor says it's just my anxiety but I've suffered with anxiety and panic attacks for around 12 years and never experienced anything like this. I just want my life back to how it was. I can't grasp how a anxiety can make my breathing this bad. Has anyone else had the same symptoms? I feel like giving up

1 like, 45 replies

45 Replies

Next
  • Edited

im exactly the same im so focused on my breathing and ive had anxiety and panic for years but nothing like this im focused on my breathing 24/7 its horrible

• Edited

I hope you find some relief soon. It truly is horrible 😦 do you think there actually is something wrong or do you just put it down to anxiety? I just don't know what to do

• Posted

Do you have the same symptoms? Breathing feels restricted? etc If you want to talk, message me

• Edited

I know what your going through...same thing happens to me and it's so frustrating and scary. I want my life back too ....this happens at work or out in social events as well. Not fun at all having to make sure you have your prescription with you just incase 😫 you have an attack. Hang in there

• Edited

question? does your medication help with your panick/anxiety attacks??? im currently not on anything for my panick/anxiety attacks but im in desperate need of them.. im going insane with these attacks.. i literally wake up still feeling the same way its just never gonna go away.. I hope when i do see a doctor they can really help me with figuring out this breathing problem.. & i also get tightness in my throat which causes me not to want to eat anything:/

• Posted

Yes, Xanax helps. I take a small dose....I too get the feeling in my throat. Also a sign of anxiety attack. Hope this helps

• Posted

like idk what iam suppose to do... im so young tooo im 22 years old.. Like why am i feeling like this.. My gmom gets clonazepams for hers 1MG. Im ready to take one of hers.. these doctors are taking so long just to get an appointment it sucks.. like im really suffering.. do u ever feel like you have to constantly take in deeps breaths??

• Posted

I know what your going through...same thing happens to me and it's so frustrating and scary. I want my life back too ....this happens at work or out in social events as well. Not fun at all having to make sure you have your prescription with you just incase 😫 you have an attack. Hang in there

• Posted

I hope you find a way to manage it soon, its horrible. mine isn't panic attack related. It's just a constant feeling of I'm not able to breathe and it lasts all day every day 😦

• Edited

i feel you on this girl! i feel the same exact way its so scary.... ive had ECG's and chest xrays done as well & the doctors told me every thing came back normal. This feeling is so frustrating.. I cant even enjoy my normal day to day activities that i used to enjoy. This anxiety has gotten so worse that i constantly have to be around family members. I always wanna seek medical help too 😕 like, wanting to call the ambulance everyday. I just dont think this feeling is normal. I dont understand how anxiety can make you feel like this.... pls someone give me answers iam helpless.. & i have not yet seen a physicitrist either.. hopefully when i do, they can find out what the problem is.

• Posted

I've been there already....had to call 911 a few times when the anxiety started to get bad. I didnt know what it was, thought I was going to die. I was taken and everything was checked out ok...EGG, everything. The next call to 911 , the fire chief told me I was having anxiety attacks and nobody dies from it. Alot of stress and also my Blood disorder has contributed to this so my family doctor said it's time to see a therapist 🤷‍♀️ It's very scary every time....sometimes I can manage more then other days. Best of luck

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear you're suffering do you have this feeling of trouble breathing constantly? All day every day? Its hell 😦 I'm the exact same as you. I had the ambulance out twice yesterday as I was so worried but checks came back ok. It's so debilitating and scary. Have you tried anything for it? Message me if you want to talk hun

• Edited

Same thing has been happening to me, i'm just so worried about my heart.. as it always flutters and spikes, cant breath normally anymore same as you 😦 But im focused on my breathing and heart and its gotten to the point where i don't leave my room, never mind my house 😦

• Edited

I'm really sorry to hear you're suffering too. It's a living hell. I don't understand how it can be anxiety? Does it feel like you're just not breathing properly and theres not enough air going in? I see a lot of people with shortness of breath but my symptoms seem rare and different. I'm so scared I'm going to drop down dead any minute. I don't leave my room either, it's like a prison now. I hope it gets better for you. Message me if you want to talk, it would be nice to speak to someone going through the same thing

• Posted

hi how are you doing now im going throw the same thing i would live to talk and see how things are going now x

• Edited

Hi, I'm still suffering but if you would like to talk you can message me even if its to help ease your mind a little. Sorry you are going through it x

• Posted

hi amber im not to sure how to message you x but how are you now have you got over the constant shortness of breath yet i feel like im loosing my mind here x

• Edited

would you like me to message you? I'm still not over it, its still a constant battle daily. Have you seen your Gp? I know how hard it is, believe me i feel like im losing my mind too and no one understands how I feel x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.