26 and I have a 35cc prostate, can anyone help me?

Posted , 8 users are following.

2013 when I had my first symptoms of dribbling, i head to the doctor and he said that there was no problem since I was 22 and young for prostate check. After 2 years have passed, I went for a check again since my dribbling got worst and also something was pressing on my bladder. Since the doctor told me I was still young for that, he just did the prostate massage treatment including some medicine. Nothing made my symptoms better and the doctor said im good to go. So, I just ignored the situation and 1 yr has passed, suddenly in the middle of the night, i felt my prostate burning at the same time squeezing so hard that it made my stream weaker. I was panicking and went to a nearby hospital. The doctor at that point was smart enough to check my prostate with a ultrasound and he was surprised to find out that I had 48cc or gram prostate. Do not know why but he did not insist on massaging the prostate even though i felt better in urinating after prostate massage. Anways, gotten some antibiotics and inflammation reliever. few weeks have passed and none of my symptoms gotten better. My stream was strong in a way where the prostate was squeezing my bladder but my muscles were strong enough to push the urine out. I always urinate an amount of 250ml to 300 and the doctor said i have no problem what so ever since the residue in the bladder only contained 12ml so i was glad but unaware why my symptoms were not gone. So, i went to a different doctor, and he was surprised too, at that point my prostate was measured 35cc or grams, in which to my guess it decreased or the former doctor mistakenly checked the size of my prostate. anyways he have given me a month of alpha blockers, antibiotics, and some inflammation reliever. At first my frequent urination was relieved but after a few weeks the effect got weaker and weaker. Now im wondering whats going on with my prostate. I asked them several times and they said that its not a BPH but from my point it is. The doctor said its a chronic prostatis, and i asked him why? because at my age there is no enlargement of prostate so he believes that its the inflammation. Currently Im just worrying if i have a cancer or tumor since i have an unusual prostate enlargement. I asked my doctor for a psa test and he said it was too early for that and for my age to get it tested. Im in South Korea and usually the elders do not think that young people could have cancers or other illness compared to old people. For the few doctors too that checked my prostate have those perception that is why they concluded that I have a chronic prostatis. Im wondering, does anyone have the same issues like me? 

1). I cant afford to have surgery since I need to have kids, any other suggestions?

2). If you have the same exp as I do, did the prostate shrink back in size?

3). I felt my urination got better after prostate massage, can i use a prostate massager once a week to relieve my symptoms?

4). (I do not have a family illness)Is it recommend to get a PSA test done?

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Sorry, prostatitis not prostitutes. That's spellcheck not me. 

• Posted

I did get an early morning giggle out of that. lol Good way to start your day 

• Posted

If your original prostate size was an estimate from a DRE, be aware my urologist originally thought I had a 40 cc prostate via DRE, on MRI it  turned out to be 22cc.  I had the same symptoms as you, my doctor refused me a PSA at age 49 as it was sure to be high and yet wouldn't be cancer; indeed it was high at PSA 17 and yet it wasn't cancer (biopsy after MRI).  I had chronic prostatitis, causing long standing low flow, probably not bacterial (they normally can't tell) excacerbated to become suddenly extreme = probably bacterial (urine tested normal).  The biopsy said chronically inflamed prostate.  I had HOLEP surgery but it's no good for you - would render you unreliably infertile.  I suggest finasteride or dutasteride to shrink it.  For older men, that can cause ED or reduced libido, at your age that's rather unlikely to be an outcome and will shrink it cheaply over 6 months without surgery.  DYOR of course.

• Posted

Yeah if its 22cc then i dont think you need the surgery or etc. It was 40cc then yeah, currently im not thinking of those things surgery, shots and so forth coz in the end my prostate will regrew back. I know there are side effects for that and the doctor told me he doesnt even suggest those outcome.
    • Posted

I guess i will be doing those ingections if it is urgently needed. if not im not looking for those shots.
    • Posted

No, it really was only 22cc.  I asked the uro' how come at DRE at first presentation, he had estimated it at 40cc.  He said it is very hard to estimate size from DRE, you can only feel the back of it, and given I had very poor flow I think he hinted that had pre-conditioned him a little to, within the size range of how it felt, assume upper end.  Other posts indicate it is not just my uro, a DRE based size estimate has error band -50% and +100% on the quoted size.  So I thought it might be relevant to the initiating post in this thread, if first size estimate was only based on DRE.  Second estimate being lower probably doesn't mean it has shrunk !  Probably just large error bands on both estimates.  NB 12 cc (estimated) of my 22cc prostate was removed in HOLEP; 6 cc as actual intact tissue sent for histology, and 6cc (estimated) is what would have been ablated by the laser (just destroyed, like PVP does; HOLEP does that a bit.  See also HOLAP which is an ablation-only HOLEP...rarely used, as too slow). 

• Posted

thats true my prostate size might be miscalculated. It might not shrunk, hmh... Im going crazy to the point why didnt scientist cannot find a cure for this while they are almost in a process of finding aids cure. Anyway, i just have to stick with this forever or be permanently unfertile. 
    • Posted

So the uro overestimated the size of your prostate?

Its been a year since I started down the BPH path. I still have no clue how big my prostate is. I've had 2 ct scans with contrast. I called the uro tp pressure for this information so I can make an informed decision regarding surgery

• Posted

I don't know how big my is exactly. But after having several docs,some in ER, gp, uro, etc etc , tell me it's huge, I assume it's huge. Lol. Had tests done to confirm. Had it dealt with.

• Posted

I'm not diagnosing you, but it's not only the size of the prostate that's important, but also its location. 

Also, from my own experience, it is important to try NOT to end urination quickly or force it. Let it flow naturally since forcing, etc can send urine into the bladder and thereby cause prostatitis. 

• Posted

Ultrasound is not going to be reliable - doc estimates the size based on 2d cross section. The only way to get reliable measurement is to do MRI.

If prostate massage helps you can do it yourself. Some cultures find it objectionable, but if it helps, why not. Probably easiest with partner's help, but can be done solo.

One warning about antibiotics - in US the favorite of uros is ciprofloxacin, a fluoroquinolone. It carries black label warnings - muscle, nerve and tendon damage with extended usage.

• Posted

thanks I will remind myself not to take those, MRI yeah i should rather than Ultrasound. Dont know how big my prostate is but i hope it will not be more than what i can imagine. Wish my luck ㅠㅠ.
  • Posted

After reading all these post I see some good advise here.  I have nothing to add with the exception of good luck.  Hope you find a good doc that can pin point your problem and cure it once and for all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.