2nd week post TKR (2nd TKR)

Posted , 7 users are following.

Week 2 post TKR,really poor week sleep wise lucky to get 3 hrs split sleep up and down all night, med's changed to codeine/ibroprofen to try and improve sleep the leg/knee ache over powers the GP sleeping pill at the moment so ive stop with them for now untill i get it the discomfort under control,on the plus side started physio yesterday got a decent knee ROM considering the amount of swelling still present, Staples also removed yesterday scar seems good im a bit wary about pushing the knee bend during exercises (mind games) now the staples are out.Like i said before been through it all before but its not pleasent at this stage,but you've got to plough on,hopefully a better more positive post next week.

2 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

thanks brent i hope so .

i hadnt bargained on the severity of this op! lol will go for 2nd one in march 19 lol

• Posted

The operation is brutal gillian as is the recovery,but at the end of it,you forget the sleepless nights and pain and enjoy your new lease of life.

• Posted

yes thanks brent im giving it a good go kid!

going to try the bike and see if it will let me battle with that!

better nights sleep last night as i got my leg in a comfy position for once and it didnt throb-

• Posted

Hi Brent well as you know from experience it gets better. I'm 7 months tkr and great to be arthritis free, yes the occasional ache and knee still feels a bit tight but compared to the pain before def not grumbling. Booked in to get other knee done early next year so to all going through it now it's worth it. Like childbirth you forget the pain etc so keep chin up medicines regular and ice ice ice. Good luck x

• Posted

Hi Brent,

TKR or TKA (Total Knee Arthroplasty) as my orthopedic surgeon calls the procedure. My recommendation aqua therapy. The swimming pool as soon as you scar allows it! Walking in the pool

forwards and backwards. BTW Sir Mick Jagger is known to keep fit. One of his tricks is running backwards!

In the pool I walk 20 laps: 10 forward and 10 backwards. Plus 15 laps backstroke.

I am 69 and recovering from a painful long two-stage TKA Revision due to prosthetic deep infection with biofilm. I was discharged in October. So far so good. Pool therapy - My recommendation!

Best regards,

Bangkok-Johnny

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.