2weeks post op , I'm in agony any suggestions?

Posted , 11 users are following.

im trying to not take meds every 4hours I take them at night I find this to be the hardest of times, I'm doing the exercise the best I can but find my knee stiff, and painfull I saw the physio she said I was doing ok and putting me into the group who use the gym altogether, I'm grateful for any suggestions to help get me through this .

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

it truly is awful, absolute hell at this stage but it will get better...now at 11 weeks it's my other knee that hurts most! Take your pain medication regularly, don't stint. Sleep with a pillow between your knees and get up and walk about when it becomes too uncomfortable to lie in bed, you'll find you can then get back into bed and have a few hours sleep.

It is 4 -5 weeks of hell and then another 4-5 weeks of steady improvement. Don't rush the exercises, I tried to push myself far too hard in the beginning, as the swelling recedes movement will improve so long as you have been keeping things mobile.

Good luck!

• Posted

keep up with the meds , its the only way to go , 2 weeks is so early ,you have a way to go , this is a tough opp , im 6 months and 12 months post opp and still take meds , im not a wimp as it may seem but i do a hard job and it could be the only way to do work , dont worrie about meds take them and dont suffer with the pain

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.