3 days post op Tkr

Posted , 23 users are following.

Well guys here i am and i did it,only home yesterday evening and thought i was doing ok but today,im so down and the tears justbflow...hate having to keep asking partner to do something for me ect,i am walking back and to the loo and walking as much as i can heel to toe and can get about 45 degree bend on a good hour....god i hate me....thanks for listining,its going to be a long road xxxxx

2 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Well done I had my op 14 weeks ago have just done my first week back at work. My knee still gets a bit stiff if I sit too long and I get a little discomfort some times but have no regrets about having it done I am seeing the consultant in November regarding having the other knee done and can't wait as everyone else says accept help take your meds, exercise , ice and rest when you need to keep us posted it does get better x
    • Posted

Sharon had my left knee done 8 years ago.....did say 'never again' but needs and pain must!  It has been no problem but certainly a different recovery than this right knee....if that had been done first I might have had second thoughts!   No discomfort at all this morning from my marathon sitting yesterday....just massaged, not yet exercised but not stiffness at all. X
  • Posted

Aw it's very early days Lou. I'm 7 week post op on Tuesday and I promise you things will get better. But for me the first 10 days we're the hardest. Try to be patient do your excercises best you can. These are really hard and painful at first and I used to dread doing them . It took me 10 days to be able to lift leg off bed ! Just do what you can manage. Take your maximum dose of painkillers. Elevate and ice leg sleep whenever you can and things will improve have you got toilet seat extension ? I found it invaluable. Table at side of chair with everything you may need close to hand. Eat as healthy as poss. It really does help with the healing. Night times we're worst I just tried various positions with a soft pillow to support bad knee and managed to grab at most an hour and half at a time At 10 days I felt as if I'd turned a little corner. At 14 days I had stitches out and first little trip to supermarket It tires you but a little walk out daily cheers you up and makes you feel a bit human I went to physio last Wednesday and I am now without crutches at home and one when I go out and I feel like iv turned another corner . We all heal and progress differently but you WILL improve as time goes on even though you may not fel like it at the moment. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. It will be worth it In The end xxx
  • Posted

Sorry in a previous post I asked if you were still in hospital. Now I am reading this post.

Goodness, they would not let me out of hospital till I had a bend of 80.

Hence I was in there for 9 days.

Yes it's a long hard road but worth it in the end.

There will be tears, etc. Just let it happen.

Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.