3 Things to be Grateful for

Posted , 7 users are following.

My sponser used to make me do this....she died sad.

So...I was thinking of this today and it is very easy to think of the things I am so stressed about...and ungrateful for.

Now I want to try and come up with 3 things I am grateful for....

Can you?  Its really difficult..and I tend to repeat the same things everyday.....but I need to do this...and I need to see what others are grateful for to somehow remind me that I should be MORE Grateful.

Not drinking for me is just a standing grateful thing as long as it will last.

1. That I have air conditioning that I can pay for right now.

2. That my cat loves me.

3. That I have these boards.

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

great note. Really well thought out. My thoughts are with you....Robin
  • Posted

What a lovely thread and kind thoughts from you people.

I have only posted a couple of times and I seem to be doing fairly well on TSM, but I read the discussions every day and am struck by how much genuine warmth and support there is.

So, I'm grateful I found this site and you lovely folk.

And I'm grateful for living in fabulous city of Barcelona.

And I'm grateful for a fascinating job, despite the socializing leading me to my demons.

Grateful for family, friends and health too, of course.

• Posted

What facinating job?  Do you mean it sends you to pubs and such to socialize?

I worked in  Purchasing job years ago...and the same thing occurred...especially on holidays...after lunch we were all drunk!

Then we were let out early to go drink some more!

• Posted

Yes, it's in field of events organization but for academics, so far too many restaurants and cocktail events with free flowing booze, plus some travelling on expense account.

• Posted

my 2nd good position was in a Biotechnology facility where 1x a month they would have a get to know your peers party...bring in the alcohol and food.

So many people got fired because of things happening at those events.

My mother called the facility and asked what example they were setting when it was a facility that made medicine to help people..and here they were...bringing alcohol on the site and getting people drunk!

They still didn't stop for a while....they used to also hand out taxi slips.

• Posted

Agree with Pamabo on Barcelona and MANY temptations to have FUN..tricky to control drinking in your job..think of 10 years from now.....try to moderate...I did 27 yrs of travelling and all expenses paid etc and it got worse and worse....now stopped 3 1/2 yrs ago completely...best of luck...Robin
  • Posted

I am grateful Jesus Christ died to save me- and everybody - from sin

I am grateful that I can spend my time doing what I want

I am grateful for where I live.

I was once encouraged to list 15 things I was grateful for from the day just ending when going to bed. Now that IS difficult!

• Posted

15! God help me...I don't know if I could do 10... will try 15 tonight on here...thanks for the challenge!

• Posted

15 things!

I'm going to cheat and start with #1

1.  I am not drinking

2. I got medication from hospital to help with SSRI withdrawal today.

3. I had good meals today.

4. I watered the lawn (vs sitting on couch)

5. I took a shower (my shower is currently out of commision).

6. I have a place to live

7. I have a comfortable bed

8. My boyfriend

9. My Primary Care Doctor

10. My Pharmacist

11. My Niece

12. I did something "grown up" rather than playing the fighting game with one of my sons.

13. God kept me safe today (in this crazy world)

14. I saw a cardinal

15. this is hard...I'm run out of things...um....I wasn't admitted to the hosptial!  But walked out sober....and went to lunch...smile

Tommorow 15 more...will be SUPER HARD.

• Posted

Hey so 3 to 15 things. Wow!

1. I made it to work after falling asleep finally after 359 am. And getting back up at 6! Oh insomnia after detox.

2. I changed and washed all the sheets and comforters after work and got off all of the post pancreatitis heebie heebies. Better sleep tonight!

3. Covered the desk for my front desk girl who called in with a migraine without losing my sanity today.

4. Ate a meal and my stomach is not screaming at me today.

5. Knowing pay day is Friday.

6. Finally cleaned the den downstairs so my son could have a sleepover down there. Included moving furniture and vacuuming. Was always too hung over on the weekends

7. My dog Bandit. Always happy to sense me after work for treats!

8. I am able to pay my bills on time.

9. Going to Waterworld this weekend fun!

10. Not sore from rafting on Fourth of July last week. No more Ibuprofen for me!

11. People rely on me.

12. People depend on me.

13. People love me.

14. When I am sick and drinking people miss the real me.

15. My cherry tomatoes are growing along with squash and cucumber real nice in the 5 gallon bucket experiment this summer.

Sh*t my life is awesome!

• Posted

Love it!

The waterpark...the being able to clean for a sleepover...

The people missing the REAL you.

The pancreatits healing....good stuff

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.