3 week update following scarf osteotomy 2&3 weils osteotomy fusion + tendon release of 2 3 & 5 toe .

Posted , 5 users are following.

Thgt I'd show some pics if how I've got on. Foot still swells but I am walking around in surgical shoe indoors managing stairs ok and using crutches outside. Still getting very occasional shocks in tip if big toe, no pain but a but achy when i do too much. L foot was done 20 yrs ago , i was very happy with result.this r foot was very bad and I had alot of ball of foot pain big toe almost crossed 2nd toe and elevated it. As you can see 4th toe taking alot of swelling and a bit elevated ut goes into position when I walk so hopefully will settle down as swelling improves. My feet are very dry. I had steristrips as wound was a bit dehisced has healed beautifully. Have wire in 2nd toe coming out on 28th (a bit scared). All in all I am very happy with progress. I have posted a link for newbies with really good information on another thread will repeat in my next post. I may have to post piccies separately not sure if I can do it on my mobile.

Hope this helps anyone curious about what us involved. I am 61 and very active.

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello....well I just had the pin removed in my 2nd toe.  Here is the truth.....it hurt.  It is over and I am glad. Now I can get my foot wet and washed in 48 hours.  Still on crutches 4 more weeks and if all goes well boot for awhile.  
    • Posted

Well I am sorry it hurt having the pin taken out.   I not saying it did not hurt me but it was not as bad as I expected.  The nurse pressing on my toe was the most uncomfortable bit for me.  Best of luck with the rest of it😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.