3 weeks

Posted , 8 users are following.

It's been 3 weeks yesterday since I had my last drink... Why do I want a drink now just as bad as I did on day 3?

3 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It's probably because your feeling a lot better now
  • Posted

One simple reason, Sue. You have an addiction and craving increases with abstinence. Have a read about 'The Sinclair Method' and that may make it clearer to you smile
  • Posted

no good and strange. 3 weeks is GREAT and I am surprised thaty ou suddenly have this urge. Sorry but I am not an expert. Keep in there and stay strong...
  • Posted

because alchol is mostly sugar and your craving that as well .

STAY STONG YOU WILL SURVIVE YOU CAN DO IT. .cheesygrin

• Posted

yes that sound safe enough

.dont be to hard on your selfrazz

its not surprising that we see drink as a way to relax 

these days ,every single soap and other programmes say lets do a bottle see you in a the pub , even my 24 yr old son has commented on it .

any slight problem they drinking there way thru bottles of wine .mad

its wrong showing drinking in this way, as we become complacent about it ,and its not rigth  drink isent something to be taken lightly , its very easy to get hooked . frown

at least you are doing something positive and you can beat it and  win .razz i did . 

• Posted

Ahh you have done so well so far, I know if I tried abstaining for good I would give in so I am trying to cut down first and so far have drunk less in a weekend than I normally do in one night so all good so far! But I know that's not for everyone, good luck and stay strong 👏💪
    • Posted

Good for you cutting down, I tried that and before I knew it it as back to 1.5 liter of wine for me.

But like you said what works for one might not for another 

Keep trying smile

• Posted

Oh god this is just my first weekend and I'm finding the thinking about it harder than the drinking bit if that makes sense ....

Anyway I'm focused at the moment and happy that for the first time I'm doing what I want, like going to bed sober waking up feeling better about myself and looking forward to feeling healthier ❤️

Find this forum fabulous I have to say xxx

• Posted

keep going hun ,any great journey starts with just one step .

and you have already started that journey .forward gogogorazz

• Posted

Thank yousmile

I just try to say to myself "not going to have one today" so far its worked.

Just glad I work till midnight today and everything will be closed on my way home... and I have made sure that there is nothing here to drink!!

• Posted

stay strong Sue smile

Ive cut down by half the last week or so to avoid withdrawal . Must say I feel very positive everytime I wake up . The first thing I think of before I get out of bed is ....how much did I have ? Tomorrow it will be under a bottle mixed with lemonade smile

whatever feels right for you , go for it and stay positive

goodnight x

• Posted

Hi hon well done for what youve achieved so far. I haven't had a drink for 13 years but there are still days I crav a drink especially in the summer. But I know I could never drink normally and I enjoy   waking up in the morning with a clear head and no horrible anxiety more! It's hard but it's worth it!!
    • Posted

Thanks for the encouragement Jo smile Thats a real acheivement 13 years !!! Can I ask you how old you are now ? I'm 43 and have struggled for years . Its been difficult bringing up two kids on my own with various problems and traumas to deal with . I'm so focussed and have worked very hard in my new career and I'm hoping this will keep me steady .

Well done to you ! I agree with that wonderful fresh morning feeling . Also being able to eat a little more without worrying about the weight is great

take care smile

• Posted

Hi rainbow I'm 48 and I was very bad for many many years. The drink basically turned against me and I felt awful anxiety the next day. I still wish I could be "normal" but my life is so much happier sober. So will yours be!!😀
    • Posted

Yes !! I can identify with that Jo . The anxiety has hit me badly during the last year or so . I have only had one glass and a half of wine tonight mixed and now have just had a green tea . I dont think there is normal smile I think you are very honest ! Not many people are deep down.  Im off to bed to read and will wake up feeling bright

Thank you again

• Posted

I'm very open about my past and so many of my friends have come to me saying they're worried they have a drink problem. There's a lot of people out there suffering and worrying, people that you would never think. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.