3 weeks

Posted , 8 users are following.

It's been 3 weeks yesterday since I had my last drink... Why do I want a drink now just as bad as I did on day 3?

3 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I know it is so tough no one can understand it unless they have been there. I guess it is like being on a diet you still crave the food

I was sober for 7 years and relapsed a couple of years ago on and off. It truly is worse you do pick up where you were very quickly. I am now three weeks sober and am on that new drug, Nalorex one tablet a day. I can't believe it I really don't want to drink haven't felt that awful urge at all. I had to jump through hoops to get it but it was worth it. I am at present abroad on holiday always a dangerous time for me with everyone drinking around me I never would have thought I could do it.

if you can do get it.

lets hope I can get back on track everyone is incredulous I relapsed and my daughter won't speak to me she feels it was my choice.....

good luck and hang in there,

Lynne 

• Posted

Your daughter inlaw sure doesn't understand how alcohol works!

Best of luck hang in there smile

• Posted

HI Lynne. Keep trying off alchohol although on holiday. You are very brave for certain and have had a relapse as well. 7 yrs was a long time and keep trying being off booze whatever people or family tells you.  smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.