3 weeks post op gallbladder removal & still have pain

Posted , 15 users are following.

hi

i recently had gallbladder removed (laparoscopy)due to g/b flare up's & having large stone which was seen on previous ultrasound.

x3 weeks now since had op, which the Dr removed thickened wall gallbladder

but no mention of large stone.?

first x2 weeks I've been in discomfort & burning,on upper abdomen across top & left side.. Feel extremely tired hot/cold chills..

Then felt ok for few days, but now have a sudden onset of right side pain (operation area) & extremely painful to bend over forwards and getting up/down out of chair etc..also feel freezing cold then feel hot.

loss of appetite & feel  nausea.

also I am not passing much urine.

If anyone else has felt like this post op gallbladder removal or could give me any information I would be 

really appreciate it as I have no idea what is going on.

thank you

3 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

HI Sharon,

I'm just finding this discussion. I'm also 3 weeks post chol and having Allen of the same symptoms you described. Pain all over my abdomen and back, hot and cold chills without fever. Had an ultrasound and bloodwork, all came back negative. Like you, my surgeon said it's probably just recovery pains. Then this week I started having shooting, sever pain in my gallbladder area when I bend over which causes me to get very dizzy and almost pass out, and what feels like a stick under my center/left rib. Did you ever get any answers to your pain? Or did it go away eventually?

• Posted

Had gallbladder surgery 2 weeks ago and I suffer every time I cough, sneeze or bend over. Feels like Im being cut afresh without pain meds. Also wondering is this normal. Cant get out cause I also tore legiments in ankle. Just want to know if its the way it goes. No other symptoms.
  • Posted

Had gallbladder surgery 2 weeks ago and I suffer every time I cough, sneeze or bend over. Feels like Im being cut afresh without pain meds. Also wondering is this normal. Cant get out cause I also tore legiments in ankle. Just want to know if its the way it goes. No other symptoms.
  • Posted

Hi Sharon I had my op 3weeks ago and my stomach pain is very bad aswell everything you said in having the same , going to g.p todaý. I let you know

• Edited

I'm about 3 weeks out after surgery. Granted I feel I have pushed myself too hard by bending, driving or walking daily. I thought the more I did the faster my recovery. But I feel yesterday was bad. Ever since I got my period my pain all came back more. So, I'm hoping it will lessen after my hormones go back to normal. But driving really is uncomfortable. Why do they say 1 week to drive when the speed bumps still bother me? I dunno. I did stay in the hospital for 4 days after the surgery so i must have a longer recovery process. I still have bruises very faint yellow but ya the upper incision is the worst.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.