32/33 weeks post op.

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi all,

Hope you are all well and making progress.Yesterday felt good, repairs fine, insides smoothing over, scar tissue area thickening up all seemed good.

Went to work this morning, all going well 2/3 hours in throbbing lower pelvis felt like I'd just given birth and all raw and sore. Went and got a chair from cafe, but so busy didn't get to sit much. As morning went on getting worse, told I was getting a seat at checkout shortly (11.45), still too busy to sit at self scan. Finally got a seat at checkout but already been on feet most of shift and been so busy running about, only got checkout for 15 mins.

Thought I was OK till went to head for the door, terrible pain every time I took a step, could hardly get up the stairs. So glad my daughter was taking me home in car (would normally have been 2 hours via 2 buses to get home).

Home now in tears, so painful as soon as I stand up or try to walk. At 7 and a half months feel I shouldn't be like this. Really worried now, can't understand as I've been ever so carefully this time round and do not want to have to go through this again.

Employer has been repeatedly told light duties only and while aknowledging this and doing their best they do not really have anything lighter. I keep checking job site for anything lighter but don't think anything like that actually exists.

Getting so scared for the future now, don't really think I have any alternatuve option's but scared my repairs will be damaged but don't understand why I'm in so much pain yet repairs seem fine.

So fed up resting and all the restrictions at home, still having to avoid any heavy chores and limiting time on my feet. Appointment for consultant not for 4 weeks.

Sorry I'm being so negative but really worried now as to what else now is starting to sag?

Phyl x😡😡😡

1 like, 158 replies

158 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Oh Phyl, I hope it hasn't failed again, please don't go into work tomorrow.

It's so difficult when you're trying to keep your job and don't know what else to do, but after reading your posts for months, I know it's been difficult for you, and today seems to have been the last straw.

Maybe if you can have a couple of days rest, it will help, but in the long term, only you can decide whether to give up your job and look for something else. 

My repair, seven months ago has also failed, my consultant said one in five does, but I can't face it again, I've had six big surgeries in as many years, and will just live with it if possible.

You've given a lot of good advice on this forum, take your own and think what you would tell any of the other ladies to do.

Hope you feel pain free soon.x.

• Posted

Hi Laura,

Thank you so much for your very kind/wise words of advise.

I know you are right, I should take some time out. Will see how I am in the morning.

If I go in tomorrow I will go in a little early and try and catch my section leader for a chat and maybe see about getting next week off, I'm sure I have still got holidays to take.

At least that will give me opportunity to point out that I can't cope with the whole shift on my feet. Tomorrow should be easier as at least will be on a seat and not my feet, pretty sure it's being on my feet so long that's doing the damage.

So sorry to hear your own repair has failed; '6 big surgeries' Laura! My problems pale into insignificance!

I don't blame you feeling that you can't face any more. Not sure how soon they would re-repair things. You might feel different once some time has passed. Personally I don't cope well with pain and hate taking painkillers in the long term so I know that I would rather take the chance of surgery with hope that it will be successful rather than suffer indefinitely.

Thank you again for your kind words of support very much appreciated.

Take care,

Phyl x💖

• Posted

Been catching up on this thread. Because you seemed to be doing so well,and this came on all of a sudden,do you think it could possibly be adhesions, that have pulled apart Phyl?

When I had my repair, I also had an ovary and tubes plus cyst removed, in a separate surgery while I was under, and it was a long operation due to me having a lot of adhesions from a previous hysterectomy

Years ago, I had back surgery and I can remember a few weeks after, having the most terrific sudden pain that bothered me on and off for a while.

The consultant said it was adhesions pulling apart, which had torn and needed to heal again.

Just a thought. I hope it's not your repair again.x.

• Posted

Hi Laura ,

Thank you for your message, it is quite possible that it could be something like adhesions, but won't really know until I see the consultant. My GP did do internal but didn't offer any suggestion of what it could be only really said everything seemed fine. I know myself that something didn't feel right last time I checked myself, could feel something horizontal at top of vag... passage between the front and back walls that wasn't there before.

Anyway will just have to wait now till appointment. GP reckons that both repairs themselves are fine, although was feeling a bit sore at front around lower front wall this morning.

It us a bit shocking how quickly things can change!

Take care,

Phyl x💖

• Posted

Hi all,

Just a short update to say that my swabs came up clear.

My work did get me a hybrid next to checkout on Sunday morning so also had use of seat from checkout and I got a seat at checkout 2 hours into shift; so whole shift not so bad this week.

Having rested most of last week horrible pain on walking not so bad, just really strange that it is painful after 'resting after a period of activity, when I go to get up and walk about again ' .

Have started all over again this week with short walks twice a day and resting between short periods of doing chores. I am now getting that dragging lower back pelvic floor pain makes me feel sick even after short 20 min walk.

Anyway will just have to wait till see consultant now.

Hope you are all progressing and keeping well.

Take care,

Phyl x ?💖

• Posted

That's good news, I've got yet another UTI 4th one in last six weeks so fed up , I've been offered a mth of phase return no light duties, back at DR's nxt month to see if she will sign me off , keep in touch xx

• Posted

Hi Phyl,

Good to hear swabs are ok. Not too long until the 14th. You must be fed up with it all now. Xx

• Posted

Hi Melons,

Sorry to hear you have another UTI, that's good they are willing to go with phased return but don't rush back unless your sure you can cope.

I now wish I had taken the extra 3 months without pay if employer had been in agreement with that. It's just not worth pushing yourself if you are not ready.

It is so difficult to make a judgement on return to work as we feel perfectly fine when resting in house and even when doing light chores in house, but work is a totally different thing all together you can't always just go sit down if and when you need to.

I know it's frustrating but don't feel pressured into going back too soon. Hope your UTI clears up for good this time, if not maybe they need to swab and taylor antibiotic to particular strain, or keep you on antibiotic for longer? First time I was in hospital for repair, one of the women was in hooked up to antibiotic drip due to recurring infections, she had had a repair some months earlier.

Take care Melons,

Phyl x?💖

• Posted

Fed up would be an understatement, had hoped by this stage to be back cycling. Moved up a clothes Size, cleared out my wardrobe and bought a few new things as won't be going back a size for a while yet, too much sitting resting and not enough mobility.

X😕

• Posted

Yep, 'fed up' is an understatement now.

Had expected to be back cycling by now, so looks like I won't be loosing the weight I've gained any time soon. Too much resting with feet up and not enough heart pumping exercise!

Cleared out my wardrobe and bought some new clothes for winter. Need a project to work on that does not involve anything heavy to do.

Anyway just want it all to go away now and get back to normality, but somehow don't think it's ever quite normal after a repair!

Take care,

Phyl x?💖

• Posted

Sorry reposted, didn't think first one had sent, my Internet is intermittent!

• Posted

They told me at work if I don't go back before Dec I will probably be dismissed on medical grounds as I've been off a year so added stress, I've had 2 longer courses of antibiotic so they don't know what to do with me now lol Dr said if it comes back again she will write to consultant I've tried everything even cranberry and barley water maybe need to try something new xx

• Posted

Aw Phyl, know exactly how you feel. Spent the last two weeks doing an hour a day sorting out wardrobes and drawers, nothing hardly fits me, been filling charity shop bags, my hubby's bern dropping them off and doing a runner! I bet they're fed up of seeing him.

Had another UTI, I'm putting it down to still taking lactulose, trying to drink more, like Melons, on antibiotics for about the sixth time since repair.

Look like a flippin elephant!

It's soul destroying to have a repair and be careful for so long, only to still have problems. I'm not having any more if I can manage, rectocele repair ok, but a hew one appeared furthur down, and I seem to have beginnings of a cystocele, that wasn't there before.

You are right, I think normal is different to what it used to be now.

I Work from home so take a break whenever I want, but it's hard for you to have to keep on going through your shift, hope you get a seat this weekend too!

• Posted

Thank you Laura,

Got pic in head of your hubby dropping things off and doing a runner , 😅😅😅!

Must admit I am considering having go at working from home; I did do 'Avon' for 4 years - my mum was ill with cancer and I was part-time studying and part-time working for employer and needed someone to do the school run with my youngest, so when my Mum passed away I fave up my job and went self employed as Avon rep.

I managed to eventually build up enough regular customers to make the same income I had made on basic wage with former employer. It kind of peaked at 2 year mark and gradually decreased. Boots the chemist opened up nearby with good offers on make up and then Asda offers were too good on bath and body products, was left with mainly customers who were due hard Avon fans.

Once my youngest able to do school run on her own went back to working for employer. Got a taste now for holidays abroad and Avon would definitely not support holidays abroad.

Anyway might come to that, could have better control over when and how long I am walking about or sitting at computer and most orders would be lightweight, anything heavy my teen daughter could deliver.

Anyway its a thought at the moment will see how things go at work over next few weeks and sat consultant says!

Take care,

Phyl x?💖

• Posted

Maybe your hubby's right could go back and see how it goes and if not working out go back and get another line.

You will have to be careful with that vault coming down even if it's only mild just now you will have to be really careful.

Maybe once they sort the UTI''s out it will give your body time to strengthen the muscles and tissues. I'm sure they will eventually get that sorted soon!

Fingers crossed that will sort itself this time.

Phyl x💖

• Posted

Hi Melons,

Did reply but don't think it sent. So here goes again.

Maybe your husband is right and you should have a go returning to work and see how it goes , if if doesn't work out can always ask GP for another line.

You will have to be extra carefull though as you were saying you have a mild vault prolapse and will have to prevent that getting any worse.

Fingers crossed that UTI problems clear up this time for good.

Lots of hugs,

Phyl x💖

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.