32 cm cyst being removed I am scared

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi I am looking for some comfort as I two weeks I am have laptomary for cyst to be removed plus the removal of an ovary .. I am really scared so any information on the procedure or recovery would be great xx

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi

I had this done 2 years ago now but can completely empathise with you feeling scared. I was petrified. 

Top tips of advice, try and get up and walking as soon as you can after the op. This is hard but worth it. 

If you are in pain make sure you ask for relief and keep topped up on it. I stopped taking anything about 6 days post op. 

I had some trapped wind issues after my op. The walking helped a little and I tried peppermint tea. 

Just listen to your body. It took me a long while to get back up to full strength. Don’t overdo it too quickly. 

If you want to ask anything I’m happy to answer. I found this group really helpful. 

You will be fine. X 

• Posted

Hello, I had a 36cm cyst removed nearly 3 years ago via laparotomy(vertical cut prob about 30stitches) and also had one of my ovaries removed and it took me about 3 months to recover. Was alittle scary to begin with as I was in so much pain and had to go a&e and went in for emergency surgery to remove the cyst! But jus take each day as it comes the first day after my op I was alittle overwhelmed but but looking back on it now wasn’t actually that bad!! If you want to know anything else please feel free to ask xx

• Posted

Hi the first person I have found with a cyst bigger than mine at last. How long were you in hospital for after the operation . They are estimating 2 nights for me? Also how soon after the operation were you able to eat and drink? Thanks xx
    • Posted

I know it’s so crazy! I couldn’t believe it when they told me but then my stomach did literally balloon like I was pregnant!! It was about 2 nights for me they had to make sure I could go to the loo before I could go home as I did have to have a catheter fitted. Not long after my operation I could eat and drink but I was alittle tired so slept for awhile. Are you in much pain at the moment ? Xx
    • Posted

When you came around from the operation what were you like for the first night ? Xx
    • Posted

Oh bless ya you will definitely feel much better once it’s removed. The first night was fine, I was alittle uncomfortable not being able to lay on my side because of my insition but it was such a relief to have it out as I was in so much pain with it I couldn’t sleep anyway beforehand. You will honestly be fine and feel much better once it’s gone xx
  • Posted

Hi Eleanor,

I had exactly the same op a couple of years ago for a similar sized cyst.  It wasn’t as bad as I thought it’d be. 

I recommend a cushion for car journeys and big knickers too. As you get better and start doing more don’t do too much or you will feel it the next day.  

If there’s anything specific you want to know ask away x

• Posted

Hi 

32 cams Wow! You're going to feel so much better when it's done x

I'm nearly 8 weeks post surgery I had 2 cysts & both my ovaries removed, I was very anxious about it all but can honestly say the worrying was the worst part! Obviously you'll hear conflicting stories but personally I've made a very good recovery , I took 6 weeks out of work but was up & about fairly soon after my op I just couldn't drive & heavy lifting ironing & hoovering were out but that wasn't so bad 😉

I have a very small scar ( likeca Caesarian scar which is healing well & hardly noticeable. 

How long have you knowin about your cyst? It's a lot to get your head around  I was really freaked out by it all but once I'd got it all straight in my head I just wanted it done & over with x

Hope this helps I'm happy to answer any question if I can, this forum really helped me keep calm I never realised how many people go through this xx

• Posted

I had the same thing done i had my ovary and tube taken out about 2 months ago u will be ok but i just want to let u know don't over do it cause your body will let u know i didn't go back to work for at least a month once in a while i will still get a little pain on my right side i had my left side removed but i can handle the pain u will be ok

• Posted

Just read the other ladies respondes & totally agree with everything great advice! 

I love this forum 👍🏻 xx

• Posted

Hi! Had a 10cm cyst and ovary temoved out late Friday. Go to sleep, wake up and it’s done! Walking all over and when I need to I rest. Today is day 4 and I currently have no pain meds in me due to just getting home finally from a check up. Without meds my pain feels like menstral cramps or gas.  My only regret is that I let the anxiety get to me as bad as I did. On all kinds of anxiety meds trying to wean off but anxiety is still going and I don’t know why. Maybe my body needs time to relax after all that anxiety. Good luck to you and remember me saying the worst was the worry! Deep breathe day by day. Get Er done and over with!
    • Posted

I feel for you with your anxiety as I have bad anxiety anyway and this upcoming operation is making it alot worse. I am going in for my pre op on Monday so hopefully they can give me some help with my anxiety..I don't want to get myself in such state when I get to the day itself and back our cause of my anxiety as I want this cyst out

• Posted

Soda to burp helps with gas.

Loose clothing.

Lots of pillows for propping to sleep.

Xoxoxo

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.