32 cm cyst being removed I am scared

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi I am looking for some comfort as I two weeks I am have laptomary for cyst to be removed plus the removal of an ovary .. I am really scared so any information on the procedure or recovery would be great xx

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi

I had a cyst, ovary and tube removal 4 years ago.

Its ok to be scared i was. The best thing is big knickers, my stomach was very swollen after, i remember cutting my knicker elastic. The other thing is to walk as soon as you can, even if its only a little way it helps with the trapped wind.

Any thing else you need to know please just ask.

Good Luck xx

• Posted

Thanks just been out today to but some large underpants ready for afters... And some comfortable tracksuit bottoms xx
  • Posted

Firstly, how did your dr not notice this cyst of the size of a basketball?!

I think the pain of surgery will be nothing compared to the pain you have now.

• Posted

Thought I was just putting on weight so prob been in their ages ... If caught earlier could have had keyhole surgery with shorter recover xx
  • Posted

hi eleanor77971 i had a 16cm dermoid cyst growing on my left ovary i know exactly how you feel im sorry to hear you have this condition it sucks i no beleave me my partner an family friends have helped me through this you need as much support as you can get now when it comes to recovery dont smoke cigarettes drink alcohol when you get released from hospital make sure you have a pillow too put on top of your tummy this will help you for when you cough im not going to lie to and say your have no pain because you will take your medication as the doctor perscribes to you stay in bed keep warm eat healthy this will help you heal faster as i did the opposite on what i told you now i have an infection in my tummy so i have extra pills to take my surgey was on 29th may lucky for me they saved my left ovary but soon as i got home smoking cigarettes drinking alcohol not good now i have2 suffer the out come im not cool at all seeing my doctor today 2 have a scan so they can see wheather or not i need another surgery to clean this infection hopefully not tho as i dont wana go through that again i know your thinking (should of listen)YES i should of lol i hope my msg gives you some kind of comfort im here if you need some1 too talk 2 good luck on your surgery an speedy recovery BIG BIG HUGS samantha d
    • Posted

Hi thanks for the message and yes it does suck. I do have a group of very supportive friends and family. But I am still scared. Sorry to hear you may have to have another surgery. I will be careful on my recovery. The doctor has argeed to start with sign me off 4 weeks and then review me at four weeks. I am do a very physical job as a care assistant so when I do go back I will have to be on strict light duties xxx
  • Posted

Another related question I have ... As well as the cyst removal I am having an ovary removed ... Just the one I think I am scared about losing an ovary and I have pcos has anyone been in the same situation? Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.