3D imaging. Future of hip surgery?

Posted , 11 users are following.

I have heard, albeit anecdotally, that some hospitals are using 3D imaging and robots (directed by surgeons I hope!) to “custom fit” new implants and reduce dislocation risk.  Is this true or just science fiction?  I’m hoping for any new techniques to reduce dislocation risk after revision surgery.  I’m not very mobile so high risk.  Any info?

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Using 3D Image to create a hip replacement that works to ‘trick’ the body’s host bone into believing that the implant is part of the bone itself. This newly developed replacement should not only last longer but also create fewer problems for those receiving it. If you are looking for safe surgery you can visit  Aakash Healthcare dwarka Delhi. 

• Posted

Fascinating.  My limited mobility means my concern is the dislocation risk and it sounds as if this will be reduced.  It’s really good news for all future hip replacements and revisions.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.