3rd day on Champix support

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am on day 3 if taking Champix and wondered if anyone is at same point to share journey?

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Sarah201416

how have you been doing with your quit.

Please don't give up. You wont be sorry once you have achieved this.

I have stopped 4 1/2years now and am very happy I did.

It was only after being rushed to the ER with an oncoming stroke that I was so frightened after that, that I never smoked again.

I had also been battling to stop and was part of many smoke forums that also encouraged me to stop, but to no avail. every time I would find myself cheating again.

It was due to that lesson that I stopped.

I smoked 2 packs a day = 40 cigs a day and I had been smoking for plus minus 25 years.

Let me know how you are doing.

Regards

• Posted

Wow well done you! Thanks for your message 😊 I am on day 6 and am def cutting down, my quit day is set for next Friday and I’m feeling determined to do it 

• Posted

Hi Sarah, I'm on day one!  I took them about 10 years ago and quit for almost 4 yrs but a change of job and I was having the odd one with a drink and you know where that goes. Not looking forward to the nightmares but hopefully it'll be worth it. How are you faring out?

• Posted

I know exactly how it goes, I have given up twice whilst pregnant and for a good time after then slipped back into the habit, I am determined to kick it for good! 

Well done you for trying again 😊 so far not been too back, have been bit nauseous but I’m seeing that as a positive as making me not feel like smoking, I’m just hoping I don’t get anymore side effects when I start full dose on Sunday😫 

I was told taking the second tablet early in evening can help with nightmares, might be worth trying if you haven’t already

• Posted

Yeah might be an idea to take the second pill in the afternoon. I remember it helps with the nausea if you drink a glass of water before and after taking the pill. Day 2 and I'm finding it's starting to work already, cigs are not tasting the same!

• Posted

I will try the glass of water thing, thanks. I’m on day 8 now, cutting down slowly, definitely not getting the feel good factor when I smoke it’s definitely more a habit now, quit day is nearing fast, need to be strong!
    • Posted

I agree it is down to habit now. "Even thought I don't quiet feel like one, maybe I'll have one just in case I'm wrong" !!!  If I keep myself busy I can go for hours without one and I'm on the 0.5mg so I'm confident I'll crack it once I hit the 1.0mg. You are on full dose now right? Might be an idea to get a cheap low nic vape pen and ditch the cigs, you could then switch to a zero nic fluid for a further few days if needed just to ween off the habit. 

• Posted

How’s the quiting going? I am chuffed I have now managed 24hours with no smoking 😊

• Posted

Well done!!! I'm on day 12 and down to about 4 cigs a day.  Hoping to be free of them in a day or 2.  Hope you are still going strong. 

• Posted

Well done 😊 today is my 7th smoke free day 👏 I’m feeling great, had a couple of days where I was tempted but will power won the battle!  Stay strong, soon be smoke free

• Posted

Delighted for you, stay with it. I'm finally about 36 hrs free of the wicked weed!!  I keep a bottle of water with me, I find a swig helps whenever I get mind for a cig. But to be honest the craving is not very strong and disappears quickly.  Keep it up 🌈

• Posted

Hi Paddy

I’m 29 days smoke free 😊 I still get the occasional fancy a cigarette but more out of habit than craving, but have resisted the temptation. How are you getting on? 

• Posted

Hi Sarah, so for so good. I'm about a month smoke free now. Like yourself I do get the odd mind to have one but thankfully it passed quickly. I'm still taking the 1mg twice a day. Hoping to get on the half dose next month. 

• Posted

Hi Sarah,

keep going.

you are doing just great.

if you look back again 4 years would have  passed you by.

Regards

• Posted

Thanks, I’m feeling determined,  I need to kick this habit, am prepared for the battle 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.