3rd day on Champix support

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am on day 3 if taking Champix and wondered if anyone is at same point to share journey?

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Sarah how are you getting on. I’m on day 5 of no smoking and day 15 of the pills. I have no urge to smoke and when I tried one 6 days ago it was vile, even the smell when my partner smokes. I feel better for it. My only complaint is, loss of appetite, and I’ve spent a week on the sofa with horrific nausea and sickness. Hope this goes soon as I don’t want to risk stopping the pills and wanting a fag. X
    • Posted

Hi Angela and welcome aboard. Plenty of food and lots of water around the time you take the pill will sort the nausea out. Don't stay on the sofa, get out for a walk, the fresh air will also help. Best of luck 🌈

Paddy. 

• Posted

Hi Angela welcome😊I hope u have managed to stick with the no smoking? Has the eating and drinking plenty with tablets helped? If not I was advised to try taking just half of tablet each time as some people can’t tolerate full dose, I have cut down to half morning and night and haven’t felt urge to smoke, now on 13th day of not smoking. Stick with it 😊

• Posted

Hi paddy thanks for your reply. Well I’m now 2 weeks without the cigs, I’ve finally got energy back and can eat abs drink. I’m only on 1 pill a day as scared to feel so horrific again. But there are times when I think ooo a fag right now would be nice, think it’s the wanting to do it habit wise rather than craving. 
    • Posted

Hi Sarah well done you. I’m 2 weeks smoke free now, don’t crave them but do fancy doing it occasionally. Habit I suppose!! It was certain times I enjoyed lighting up. I’m only taking 1 pill thou, too scared to feel so horrific again now I finally feel human xx
    • Posted

Hi Angela, GREAT to hear you're still in the fight. I'm 2 weeks Tomor! But yeah every now and then I do get the feeling I'm missing something especially if I have a can or 2 of beer.  I'm picking up my next months supply Tomor. Expensive here in Ireland but it's definitely worth it. I treated myself to a motorcycle yesterday so I need to stay smoke free for a year at least to pay for that. Motivation!! Hope all is well with you. 

• Posted

Hi Angela

Yes I get those moments too but staying strong 😊

Glad ur feeling much better, I only take half morning and half at night now and find it’s working fine for me xx

• Posted

Hi Sarah haven't heard from you in a while. How is the fight going? 

• Posted

Hi Paddy have been very busy with work and kids, yes all going great a month and 4 days free now 😊 how u doing? 

• Posted

Hi Sarah. Great to here you are doing so well. I'm still in the fight and thankfully it's getting easier. I'm down to 0.5mg twice a day with the last week so I feel I'm on the home straight. I also started a low carb diet two weeks back as the pounds were starting to pile on.  Always happens after parting with the cigs. Good to hear you're doing so well. 

• Posted

Hi Sarah. How are things with you?  I'm off the champix now with a week.  I get some minor cravings but it's more like "I'm missing something and don't know exactly what" if that makes sense!!  I'm on the Atkins diet too with a few weeks to balance things out and it seems to be working. How are things with you? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.