3rd day post op.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Well after a very painful first night (not actually caused by the op) I'm doing really well. Tummy is very sore probably due to the wind. Just managed my first bowel motion, didn't have constipation as such, my pelvic floor just wouldn't open up. It was a strange sensation, pooing when everything is hitched up where it's supposed to be, but really great too. Standing up and not having sagging bits between my legs is just fantastic, I'm over the moon. No pain at all from the anterior repair, I wouldn't know it's been done. Been tensing my pelvic floor and still no pain. I wish I'd had it done years ago.

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm 62 and very active. I feel the same way. Wish I would have done it years ago. I had no pain except the second night I had bad cramps. I took one pain pill through the whole ordeal. Had a hysterectomy, vaginally suspension and rectocele repair. I had a bit of tummy tenderness from the 5 tiny incisions they glued together, that's it. Now at 14 weeks I feel great. I ended up with a leaky bladder at 2 mos but I'm in physical therapy for that and already show improvement. No more bulge, I noticed it the second I stood up after surgery to use the bathroom. Amazing!
    • Posted

Yes it feels strange not to have the bulging or dragging sensation doesn't it, I'm thrilled. I know there are no guarantees because I may end up doing something stupid and put strain on the area but it's just a matter of getting it in my head that I must do less than I think I can. My wonderfully thuggish builder boyfriend has told me to do nothing for 6 weeks and then barely anything for another 6 weeks, he said he's going to be very angry if I have to put myself through this again. I'll be very angry too. I'm excited to see how things are when it's all healed. X
  • Posted

Well hun that's amazing!!! I'm so thrilled all is well. I have my ant

Repair in as month.I hope I get no pasin after too.do you think I'll

Be fine? Got the top urogyn surgeon in Southampton, I'm fit and

Healthy other than this alien between the fanjo😁 so hope I'm like you. Your story makes me feel positive.healing hugs. Xxx

• Posted

Oh no sorry for spelling!! X
    • Posted

Sounds like you're the same as me with your age and fitness so as long as we let our bodies heal I don't see why we won't have positive outcomes. I really needed the hysterectomy, it put so much pressure on everything. I emailed my surgeon about my worries ie. vagina size, possibility of gaping etc. After the op he said it was a great success and he got excellent elevation, but thought I might think I was gaping. He thought I was talking about my perenium because obviously it's different because of giving birth to 3 kids, I asked if everything was hitched back where it should be, he said yes and I said I don't care about my perenium, I'm not sagging, my pelvic floor is good, if I want it to look like it did before I had kids I'll see a plastic surgeon! It looks bloody beautiful to me! I love it! X
    • Posted

That's fan hun, all well worth it. You have been through the mill,

Couch up and wrap yourself up in a big fluffy cloud, we are all so

Brave what will giving birth and now the after Marth years down

the line. Men would be a mess hahaha wouldn't cope.!!

I wish I was nearer, I'd pop round with homemade cakes and

Magazine's😘😘 keep in touch with me lovely and let us know

how you are. Lots of healing vibes and hugs to you.xx

• Posted

Yes it is a shame you're not closer. I'm being good today and getting used to asking for things instead of just getting it myself. Walking every couple of hours, sleeping when I feel like it and going to start the gentle physio tomorrow. If you want to ask anything feel free to do so, on here or by private message, anything at all, I'm not embarrassed as I'm sure you've noticed! X
    • Posted

Ahh thanks huni will do.were you OK after general. I have a

Phobia of throwing up😒 but when I had gallbladder out I

Had no issues. I guess they can use different anesthesia?

I may ask the lovely matron to see if she knows. I got my

Sea bands that I use after 😊😊. Take care hun.xxx

• Posted

The anestetist gave me fluids when I was under which I think helped with headache/nausea, I didn't get any, but he also gave me an anti sickness thing when I woke up. I had no issues at all thankfully. X
  • Posted

Pleased to hear all us well, look after yourself and take it slowly! Phyl xx
  • Posted

That's great news Rosie but don't overdo things just be a you feel well. Take things easy. It's a wonderful feeling when everything is back where it should be. Take care.
    • Posted

Hi matron,its lovely to have you back. Did you have a fab time?

Bet your all rested now.great to hear your wonderful advice.πŸ’ž

• Posted

Thank you welshgirl. Had a lovely time. Nice to be back though x
    • Posted

I'm glad to have you back.feel I have my own nurse to hand lol.πŸ‘xxx
    • Posted

Lovely to have you back! It's very easy to do things you shouldn't, I'm quite surprised. I use a wooden stool in the bathroom and didn't think anything of moving it myself, also got in and out of the Bath by myself as my fella had fallen asleep on the sofa. He was fuming with me understandably, he said it's not worth it, I don't have to do anything apart from rest and physio, so that's all I should do. You do feel a bit guilty though especially when it's little things, but I'm on board with it now. This is about me and preserving the fantastic work that's been done. Hope you had a wonderful time matron! 😁 X
    • Posted

Hi Matron hope you had a lovely holiday we have missed you x
    • Posted

Hi I'm fine thank you..3rd week back at work energy is just about back to normal πŸ˜€ Couple of stitches was my bathroom floor last week that's ok isn't it 😳
    • Posted

I'm pleased you're not so tired anymore and yes finding more stitches is absolutely fine x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.