3rd round of antibiotics and last round was 4 different kinds

Posted , 7 users are following.

has anyone had quadruple therapy and still not got rid of H Pylori.

I dont have any ulcer just the Bug. The course was severe to my body and knocked me for six.

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I just finished a weeks Triple Therapy, you know when you are trouble when the doctor says it will make feel like crap before you even get the the chemist, he was right though.  It knocks you senseless, dizziness, tiredness, nightmares, muscles aching......  Ive now finished yesterday, how long before the grinding stomach that it gives you goes off and how long til you know of its willed the h pylori?
    • Posted

Hi Matt .. It's an awful experience isn't it ... I finished 7 day antibiotic beginning of June.

I still have a sore stomach and no appetite. 

I had an endoscopy done beginning of July- negative

Breath urea test beginning of August- negative

Just sent a stool sample to make sure . They say that the stool

Sample is most accurate... They also say that you could have candida yeast that will make you still feel horrible .. So you would have to get that checked . Good luck ..

• Posted

Yeah its awful.  I felt loads better before I had the antibs but nothing else was working, dr didnt even send me to be tested, just gave me them in case hpylori was the issue, nothing else had worked so just decided to grin and bear it for a week in the hope it would cure me.   Right now I just have what feels like really bad trapped wind.
    • Posted

Mine was DX with a blood test... That's strange no testing done ..:-(
  • Posted

Hi Beverley... Am in the process of getting tests done for H Pylori..... I seem to have all the symptoms of the bacteria. I was wondering if you could tell me if I am given the Triple Therapy treatment, will I be able to go to work. I have been off work for more than a month and I am weak and have lost a lot of weight. Will I be able to do a desk job. My work is not strenous. I would appreciate if you could reply. Many thanks for you help/advice.
    • Posted

Hi Kleto.  On my 1st and 2nd lot of 3 different antibiotics i didnt have ant time off work as i too hold an office job desk based.

However ive just finished my 3rd lot and this was quadruple therapy but after fighting the anitibiotics i ended up having 3 and a half days off rather ill to say the least and left with after effects of all joints aching but managed to get back to work. I wont know if this last lot worked untill i retest beginning of Oct.

• Posted

Hi, Im 6 days on from completing my triple therapy treatment and the stomach grinding has subsided dramatically.  However, still feeing very lethargic at times and meals are still awkward in that I cant eat decent size meals yet like I used to and so am running out of energy I think.   Getting 1500 calories per day is still an issue as everything I eat has been low fat, not by choice, but that is the gastritis diet for you, so lost another 3 pounds last week making a total on 28 lbs in total from day one of the gastritis prognosis.

If anyone can advise how long it usually is before you start to be able to eat normal things in a normal fashion and thus get a decent level of calories per day that would be nice to know.   e.g.  A while pot of cottage cheese is 250kcal. Thats the same as 4 biscuits!!

• Posted

Hi, can you tell me what kind of symptoms do you get with this, does it affect your oesophagus. I had h-pylori last year and had the usual antibiotics but not sure if they got rid of it because I am still having problems. I also have an hiatus hernia, so hard to know what is playing up.  I put another stool test in the Dr's surgery this morning so hope to hear soon.
    • Posted

Mine was constant grinding in stomach, extreme fatigue, weight loss, Indigestion, Heartburn sometimes.
    • Posted

Hi... Have you tried taking ENSURE. I was having this when I just could not eat anything last month. YOu can get it from any chemist. It is expensive but it may help. I gues I will have to do the same when I start the Tripe Therapy. Take care.
    • Posted

Thanks Bev.... this helps and gets me ready when and if I have to start the therapy. Take care.

• Posted

I had the same thing as far as the energy, and discovered it was a side effect of the Omeprazole.  Try getting off the ppi family, and switch to an h1 blocker like zantac, which is also used to treat h pylori.  The ppis can cause seriosly bad side effects.  I had anxiety, insomnia. aches in the limbs along with numbness, chest pain/palpitations, difficulty breathing and more.  Then I looked it up, and those were all listed as side effects of ppis, including worse--far worse, like death.  These meds are like poison for some, so take heed. Also try a whey protein shake a couple of times a day-avoid the chocolate flavors as it can be very acidic.
    • Posted

Also try potatoes and sweet potatoes.  That can help put on weight.  It's a big part of the samoan diet.
  • Posted

Get mastic gum pills, oregano oil pills, manuka honey, olive leaf pills and neem oil pills.  Take these daily. Mastic has been known to help eradicate it. The others all have antibiotic properties--especially the oregano and manuka honey. For some reason, those with no ulcers have a lower chance of eradicating the h. pylori on the prevpac treatment plan than those with them.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.