4 days after lis surgery and terrified to have a bm

Posted , 11 users are following.

I had my surgery on friday and only passed two small drops of bm.

I know i have to go but it hurts n its very tight down there. The stitches are excruciating n its hard to walk, sit or lay down.

I dont see the light at the end of this tunnel. Im sorry i sound so negative. I think when i had the fisuures prior to surgery i was traumatised when it came to using the bathroom.

Then and even now i feel like i want to have a colostomy bag... yes i know thats way serious . No quality of life

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Moxxie

I wish there was something I could do to help, but I just wanted to say - you’re not alone. I had surgery yesterday and I am in so much pain. Terrified for a BM & wondering if this hell will ever end. 

Are you taking any laxatives/stool softeners? 

• Posted

Hi im taking 300 mg colace. 100 mg with each pain pill.

On tuesday i knew i had to go but i tried to control it.... after an agonizing 30 mins my body said no more n just pushed it all out!! But sitting on the toilet is painful, when its happening  i breathed really fast like im in labor. 

I did a sitz bath after i recovered n felt good

Well later the pain around my anus was unreal, a friend said to use unscented baby wipes which is all im using now n soak in witch hazel omg relief

Wednesday pain but i walk around the house the wipes each time i changed had blood

This am Thursday my body said its time... again terrified n tried to control it....again it said no n just came out

I am depressed n dont feel this will end

But honestly the pain is from the surrounding skin stretching n im sure i have tares lord in those areas

Im wishing ur recovery is better than mine

Another problem

I always have a need to urinate n most of the time its not real

Sitting on that toilet is ungodly 

Im waiting for my dr to call me

When u do go try n squat,,,, breathe fast through ur mouth during yhe process

The toilet is next to yhe sink, i dont know why but having cold running water on my hand while im going thru this helps me

Wishing u speedy and a quick painfree recovery

I cant even wish this on my worse enemy 💜💜💜😭😭😭

• Posted

The first time you go to the bathroom will be painful and about the same pain as you probably had before the surgery because you are trying to poop through a fissure and a surgery. I recommend listening to music while pooping as this distracts the pain and gives some motivation to not to be afraid. If you want to, also put a washcloth in your mouth and bite down on it as this relieves the tension somewhat. After the poop comes out, the pain is very dull and nothing compared to the throbbing unimaginable pain of an anal fissure. Best of luck to both of you. Hope you guys heal fast.
    • Posted

U were so right about the pain but later became instense

How long did it take for u to recover?

• Posted

Hi Moxxie,

Sorry for getting back to you so late.

It took me about a full 2 weeks post surgery to recover. Mentally,  it took me a bit longer.

Best of luck and hope you continuously feel better.

Best,

Myles

• Posted

Hi sorry for what you going true. I had LIS opp too I had my bm in2 days it wasn’t as bad as I thought. Warm bath after bm pain killers . I was taking 2 stool softener a day morning and everything. Try to relax listen to music. Walk if you can in some way relaxing, i did in the park. It will bring back your spirit. As it seems you low on that. Don’t get me wrong I was ready for that too. There is light at the end of tunnel. When you have your bm thinks will be changed. Please late us know on your progress. All the best
  • Posted

Hi Moxie well I didn’t have as painful recovery as yours. the 2-3 days when it was painful I was so happy that it,s over. In your situation  you give your self targets. You had your2  bm know the first 2 weeks after that 2months . It will help you to recover. On your hard bm it’s good at the recovery time to have hard bm. The reason is then anal canal would be stratch wile fissure recovers. You may see blood for next 6 months don’t get  dissipointed . Then you said you have some tears. The LIS good treatment because the blood sirculation in your anal is more than before. So anything to do with cats it helps to hill . You should be seen by your doctor 2weeks after the opp. Or you can speak to senior nurs. They should call you any way. Good luck and don’t get worried. There is a light at the end of tunnel 
  • Posted

Hi everyone

12 days in... having a bm is still scary n i

cant just sit n do it like normal people... just mentally im a mess

Monday n Tuesday i was in unreal pain in my butt cheeks i had to brk down n take a strong pain pill

I had my dr visit tdy, she said im healing well n the pain was probably muscle spasms

She said in a week it really will be different

Today i see a light before i was close to jumping off a building

I found laying across the bed on my stomach is great oppose to my sides

I cant push stool softeners more or a fruit n veggie n lots of water diet

Thank u for the support 💜

• Posted

keep pushing through Moxxie. So sorry you  have to deal with all of this even post surgery.

Keep us updated.

Best,

Myles

• Posted

How are you healing now??
    • Posted

Hi Amanda 

Omg i feel human again!!! It took me 2 months to feel this way.

But my system has definitely changed, i can no longer hold it until i get home. And a few other embarrassing things, how are you doing?

• Posted

I got the LIS surgery done in April and it was the best decision of my life! I feel human again and my recovery was not bad at all. I wish I would’ve gotten the surgery sooner .
    • Posted

So you are saying the surgery permanently weakened your sphincter muscle?

• Posted

I'm 4 week post-op. No blood, but it still stings a bit when I have a bowel movement. Did anyone else have this experience. I had a scab there that has fallen off but I'm thinking the skin is still raw from the operation. Did anyone else go through this and any advice? I am taking a stool softener every day, eating plenty of fiber and also taking benefiber. Thanks in advance

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.