4 days after lis surgery and terrified to have a bm

Posted , 11 users are following.

I had my surgery on friday and only passed two small drops of bm.

I know i have to go but it hurts n its very tight down there. The stitches are excruciating n its hard to walk, sit or lay down.

I dont see the light at the end of this tunnel. Im sorry i sound so negative. I think when i had the fisuures prior to surgery i was traumatised when it came to using the bathroom.

Then and even now i feel like i want to have a colostomy bag... yes i know thats way serious . No quality of life

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I recently had the LIS surgery. This is going on three weeks now. I still have so much pain and wondering if their is an end in sight. My surgeon seems to think it is just taking me a bit longer than normal. I have large swelling in the rectum where the stitches are. The stitches still aren't fully dissolved. The pain is terrible still after bowel movements. I currently take 2 stool softeners a day and miralax every other day. Lots of water. I have cried more in the past three weeks than I have in three years. I need to know if anyone else had this rectal swelling and how long it took them to get through it. I can't sit, hurts to walk. Pretty much have to lay on my side in bed. Any suggestions appreciated .

• Posted

did the crs check for an infection?

keep taking the stool softeners, take ibuprofen and do 3 sitz bath a day

• Posted

i also had surgery for fissure 5 days ago and its all swelled . try taking stool softner and dont miss a single day

• Posted

I am 5 weeks post op and still have 2 swollen pieces that rub and irritate. I have a doctor appointment tomorrow to see why this isn't healing up and what can I do. I am so depressed from all this right now. I wish I knew what to do. They keep saying everyone heals at different rates but I don't feel like I am healing. They did ct scan and it shows no infection just inflammation. I have tried every cream, desitin, calmoseptine, vaseline, sitz baths...and I still hurt . I am hoping better days will come but just don't see a light at the end of the tunnel yet.

• Posted

yeah some says it take 6 weeks for anus to completely heal . yes those swollen pieces hurt and irritate a lot . but fissure pain was worse . and this swelling is somwt bearable . wishing u and me speedy recovery

• Posted

also pour some pyodine when having sitz bath i think u got local infection i also developed it 2bd day post op and it was hell i couldnt walk sit or lie down then i used pyodine .i put 2 ,3 ounces of pyodine in tub of water and then applyed antibiotic ointment (polyfax ointment) it healed my local infection

• Posted

and tht swelling its not hemorrhoid actualy its anusitis its edema due to surgery and urs is not healing cz u got infection local infection cz more sweeling when u will get infection treated then edema will start to settle. start using pyodine in ur sitz bath

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.