4 Months and i have Fatigue / Swollen lymph nodes

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi Everyone,

I had a swollen Lymph node near to my ear In June 2017 and i got an ultrasound done .I didn't have high fever so i didn't take it seriously.I started Antibiotics in July for the whole month but still i had Lymph nodes and extreme Fatigue. My monospot test came negative but my EBV test showed High anti bodies.Now its been 4 months and i still have Body pain extreme fatigue when i go out with lymph nodes swollen but there is no fever.I am worried if this continues it will be difficult to continue with my work as i have taken off from work and will resume next week.Please let me know if anyone is facing the same

1 like, 46 replies

46 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Farhan,

So sorry to hear you have been going through such a difficult time, want you to know that I sympathise as someone who went through glandular fever before. If it is glandular fever / mono you have been dealing with, these symptoms you are experiencing are normal just want to reassure you of that, and that it will go away. It's just so frustrating that it takes time for a lot of people, it can take a number of months unfortunately and did for me too, but remember you will make a full recovery and get through this and just take it easy with work and don't overdo things is really important - your body needs time and rest.

Also a good idea to take some good vitamin supplements, a strong multi-vitamin per day is a good idea and things like B complex and Co-enzyme Q10 are great for helping with energy levels. High doses of Vitamin C are also good and an immune boosting her like echinicea or oregano can also be really good.

Hang in there and you will get through this, I truly believe that, God will heal!

Craig

• Posted

Hi Craig,

Thanks alot Craig for comforting me .

I am 30 years old and i never faced any Virus as such before .The biggest issue is that i keep on getting sick with other infections eg Chest / Flu / Throat because my immunity is low. I will follow your instructions and start taking Multi Vitamins . My brother is a Doc and ge tells me to go outside and walk.I tried it couple of times but i feel extremely tired and i come back home.I hope i recover soon as it is affecting me emotionally and physically

• Posted

Hang in there Farhan,

It's so toguh I know....the same thing happened to me when I went through it. I was 25 then I got it and that was 10 years ago, you are easily still young enough to fight this off completely and live a normal and healthy life again - that will happen hang in there. Don't panic if it doesn't come right away because it most definitely will come.

Even just cut your walks down to shorter walks or even just sitting outside for a while if you can to get some fresh air. Everything will pass over, hang in there and you will get through this, I trust God with that one.

Craig

• Posted

hello farhan, how are you doing today? hope you're well..

i've read your concern and i am facing the same thing as you did..

i have swollen lymph nodes in my neck, under my chin, armpit and inguinal area..dizziness and fatigue is killing me..i just want to know how you are doing today and what was your diagnoses..i really need some advice at this moment sad

• Posted

Hi Cifer,

So sorry to hear you've been going through such a tough time with mono. It really is a horrible virus and empathising having went through it many years ago. Just want to reassure you that all these symptoms are normal with the virus (not that it makes it any easier to deal with I know) and that they do each get completely better with time. 

Just doing the sensible thing to manage each day is all you can do when it's so harsh, keeping things simple - getting plenty of rest, not overdoing things, taking good herbs and vitamins - a good strong multi-vitamin per day, B complex (B100 great for energy levels and nervous system), Vitamin C in strong doses (1000mg-3000mg per day), and immune boosting herbs like siberian ginseng, oregano and echinicea. These all can really help your body to cope during the tough phase of the virus.

Thinking about you and remember this WILL get better, even if recovery isn't immediate, you will get over this and it does go away! Take it from me as someone who thought things would never get better at one stage and felt so discouraged - but God healed and I do believe He is going to get you through this and restore you to good health again. Hang in there and thinking of you!

Craig

• Posted

Hi Craig,

Thank you so much for your reply, thanks for encouraging us to get through this tough situation..

I'm having so much hard time because of this illness, and asking God why me, and im like crazy thinking cancer becauae of these symptoms that i have..

Thank you so much Craig for your concern..

Stay well always..

• Posted

Thanks for your kind words Cifer, oh I remember how hard this virus was to deal with and how badly it affected me physically and mentally, that's why I want to come on and let folk know there is hope and that this thing does get better with time - just frustrating it can take a number of months for many people. 

Things will get better Cifer, they really will. I know it's not easy to understand why things happen in life why we get struck down with things, especially when it goes on for so long and you try to do everything right. Just need to trust God that He will answer our cries, His timing will be perfect I know that. 

It's very easy to panic when you read things about EBV and cancer and things like that. Please be assured that this is very very very unlikely in the vast vast vast majority of cases - it is normal for this virus to go on for a while and make you feel so bad, it really is, and then make a fully recovery. Something I think is good to remember when you worry about anything more sinister is to bear in mind that they say up to 90% of the western world population has been infected with EBV at some point in their lives, most I think as a baby or child when they don't feel the full force like adults do, but that those 90%+ are walking about fit and healthy and don't contract anything more serious from it. 

Hoping for a breakthrough in your situation soon Cifer, hang in there I truly believe it will come and that you will get better.

Craig

• Posted

Thank you so much Craig, your words means a lot..

Every now and then i open this page hoping someone would reply to my concern as i really need some help right now..others seems not able to reply maybe theyre busy..

anyways, please stay safe always and have a wonderful life..

• Posted

Thanks so much for the kind words Cifer, I totally understand and know how much encouragement and support and help from others I needed when going through this virus - I struggled physically, mentally and emotionally. I sometimes think this virus is like the body's physical equivalent of a mental breakdown - where your body just can't cope with anything for a while and needs to take a step back and rest rest rest and take time to recover.

Definitely believing things are going to get better for you Cifer and you will get through this! Hang in there and trust God - He knows the situation and is a great healer. Going through a hard time myself right now with back pain and prostatitis and associated issues with being off work for a year and finding it hard to move forward and get over things, so I also know currently what it's like to go through tough time and know how bad I've been at handling things myself, so everyone's support is always appreciated and your kind words most definitely are.

Hang in there Cifer - there IS life and health and normality again after this virus - praying for a breakthrough and strongly believing in your recovery (even if it's not today or tomorrow or next week, believing it is on its way).

Craig

• Posted

Hi Craig,

I'm sorry you are also going through tough time right now. I hope you'll get better ASAP Craig and you can get back to work.

I will pray for total recovery for both of us and i know God  answers prayer.

Stay possitive Craig i know the best is yet to come.

• Posted

Thanks Cifer,

I really appreciate your kind and supportive words. This has been a tough year and I just hope that God can lead me safely back on track, sometimes I worry I've just frozen and not dealt with things as I should - just really hoping and praying God can restore health for all of us and help us to be active and with a good purpose for Him again, working and serving and doing well. 

Really appreciate those words Cifer - you are definitely going to get through this virus I truly believe that - there is hope and recovery, it's an awful experience I know but remember God is the master at turning awful situations into good and this may well be the start of a new beginning and new direction in your life, to be revealed as you get better over the coming period. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers too Cifer, thinking of you.

Craig

• Posted

Dude I'm so glad you posted. I'm also 30 y o. Although a female. Myself sister is a doctor and doesnt believe me when I say I'm fatigued. Sorry to disappoint but I've been sick since april 19th. My main symptoms are crazy lightheaded spaced out drunk feeling, dizziness, fatigue, swollen and heavy area above eyes.

I tried 11 weeks of antivirals. And been taking Interferon since late may.

• Posted

Hi ,

So what you have is Mono for sure?Have you done a mono test? or EBV anti body test?

I do have dizziness even eye floaters with Swollen lymph nodes and fatigue.

Antivirals that you are taking does it help?

• Posted

Dude I was tested for everything under the sun. Not promptly though. High igg for ebv. No igm detected cause tests were done in August. I'm dizzy af.

• Posted

Re antivirals I honestly don't know. I personally feel like they helped me. At the same time they mightve prolonged my mono because while you take antibodies they don't let virus replicate. I highly recommend inosine pranobex though and interferon. Immunostimulating stuff. Clearly it's a must.

• Posted

While you take ***antivirals 

Not enough anobodies are produced because not enough virus is delected by immune system because antivirals replicate the virus.

• Posted

**detected 

I hate my phone with its stupid autocorrect

• Posted

But you def feel better on antivirals. Read Martin Lerner's protocol. 

I took them cause I was afraid of cfs and there were studies that said the earlier you do Lerner's the better the outcomes.

• Posted

Thanks for the information Gee.I will check with my brother as well about those Anti virals
    • Posted

Hi Poppy,

I have heard of anti-virals too but have never had them. I believe they get prescribed for some viruses, mostly ones more serious than mono I think, it's not something I've heard given for mono but someone with more knowledge might be able to shed some more light.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.