4 Months and i have Fatigue / Swollen lymph nodes

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi Everyone,

I had a swollen Lymph node near to my ear In June 2017 and i got an ultrasound done .I didn't have high fever so i didn't take it seriously.I started Antibiotics in July for the whole month but still i had Lymph nodes and extreme Fatigue. My monospot test came negative but my EBV test showed High anti bodies.Now its been 4 months and i still have Body pain extreme fatigue when i go out with lymph nodes swollen but there is no fever.I am worried if this continues it will be difficult to continue with my work as i have taken off from work and will resume next week.Please let me know if anyone is facing the same

1 like, 46 replies

46 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

*my sister not myself 

Sorry auticorrect.

Also I sleep and sleep and sleep 

• Posted

I am also suffering from extreme fatigue and swollen lymph nodes in colo - rectal region from past 2 months

• Posted

So sorry to hear this Namanzy, this is a horrible virus is really is. Really want to reassure you that it does get better though, there is recovery and good health after mono for the vast majority of people, it's just so frustrating it goes on for such a long time for folks sad taking vitamins and herbs really helped me, a good strong multi-vitamin per day, high doses of vitamin C (1000mg-3000mg per day), B complex (for energy levels and nervous function) and immune boosting herbs like siberian ginseng and echinicea.

Hang in there and believing you are going to get better. Really hoping these awful symptoms you are having right now pass soon, and just to reassure they are normal for mono and they do go away with time.

Craig

• Posted

I really want to die now because these non specific mesentric swollen lymph nodes are destroying me mentally and physically as well. I am 17 and I have much to achieve in my life but I think I cannot do this with chronic fatigue. Not only fatigue but My stomach also aches badly whenever I eat something.

I am on some broad spectrum antibiotics for 2 weeks no improvement in symptoms till now.

• Posted

Hey Namanzy,

I just want to reassure you that thing get better! You are probably going through the worst part of the illness right now. Unless it is like a setback or something. But I truly believe you will improve with time! Take it easy. I know how this virus affects me and others. The symptoms will slowly fade as time goes on.

And this will not last forever in you, you still will be able to do many things in life. Thinking about you and I am confident that things will improve!! You will 100% get back to full health. It takes time and patient which I know is so hard. But you will improve gradually and you might have a turning point in the future where it breaks through and you see much improvement in a small amount of time. You will get better!! Trusting god with that!

Youngboy

• Posted

Hi Namanzy,

So sorry to hear you've been going through such a terrible time, I know that words can't describe how tough it is when going through this. It's so hard I know, just take one day at a time is all you can do right now.

I totally agree with Young Boy, want to reassure you that these symptoms can be very normal for mono and that they do pass. It's just so frustrating it can take time in many cases, sometimes months for people unfortunately, although it's different for everyone, some get better quicker than others. Going through this as teenagers like you and Young Boy have been must be so traumatic, but definitely I truly believe that you Namanzy and Young Boy are both going to get through this and make full recovery. Believing God is going to bring healing in your lives and guide you through this hard time to a safe and happy and healthy place again - really praying for that for you, and hoping and praying for a breakthrough for you really soon.

Thinking about you and remember don't beat yourself up, these symptoms are very normal - it is very normal to have these kind of things for an extended period and then go on to make a full recovery, in no way does this mean chronic fatigue or anything, it's just the way the virus goes unfortunately but there is light at the end of the tunnel and it does get better - believe me I thought I never would at times during the virus but God helped me and brought healing, and I believe He will for you too. Hang in there and remember you ARE going to get better, even though it may not feel like it now, truly I believe that.

Craig

• Posted

hello farhan, how are you today? i've been dealing with this problem for 6 months now, and it is so frustrating that comes to the point i am crying..im now on the verge of giving up..i dont know what to do anymore..i tested possitive with ebv igg and my doc wants to do the igm test..please reply sad

• Posted

Hi Cifer,

It’s hard to deal with I know. Stay strong! You will get through this and get better once again. 

How are your symptoms? Do you see improvement? 

I’m at 7 months so far. 

• Posted

Hi Cifer,

Oh like Young Boy I really do empathise with how you are feeling right now, having been through this virus myself many years ago I still remember the emotional pain and hurt and draining worry as well as the physical symptoms. 

I do want to reassure you that what you're going through is often very normal for mono - it took me 9-10 months to see a real breakthrough and for me to really start to feel much better. The first 6 months in my experience were BY FAR the worst and even if it does take a little time for full recovery still, hang in there and know that recovery will come and that the intensity will lessen as time goes on, and that your health will return again - I truly believe that thanks to God, God healed me when I felt the same as you, so down and depressed and frightened - hang in there Cifer I truly believe you are going to get through this and please know that it is normal to go through this for as long as you have been and go on to make a full and complete recovery - I truly believe that will happen. Sometimes it's just a time thing with this, hoping and praying for breakthrough for you and Young Boy very soon, trusting that God is working and has a good and amazing plan for your future and He needs you healthy for that!

Craig

• Posted

hello youngboy, thanks for your reply, my symptoms are swollen lymph nodes, blurry vision (floaters), fatigue and dizziness..there's a lil improvement but still worried..how about you youngboy? what are your symptoms and how was it?

• Posted

hello Craig, I thank you very much for spending your time reading and responding to our concerns, you're feeling better now but still you're here helping and encouraging us, i really thank you for that..your words gives comfort to us as we go through this tough time..God bless you Craig..stay well always smile

• Posted

Oh thanks so much Cifer, I really appreciate your kind words. I remember how badly I was affected by this virus and how painful it was to go through physically, mentally and emotionally, and that's several years on so I just really want to let you and everyone know that there is hope and it does go away, despite all those dark moments and times that you live through when feeling so unwell with it and discouraged, there is recovery from this thing with time!!

God bless you too Cifer. I have also been going through a tough time this last year or so with back pain and a few other health issues and am struggling to find my way back to a normal and settled way of life again when I can work and be healthy and confident again. Just praying God helps us all through our struggles right now and thinking about you!!

Craig

• Posted

hi craig have you experienced swollen lymph nodes from ebv? my worst enemy as of now is anxiety caused by these lymph nodes as they seems to be poping gradually, i requested biopsy but docs won't do it cause they were small in size..i cant focus on work because of this, i am so afraid now sad

• Posted

Hi Cifer,

Absolutely I had painful and swollen lymph nodes when I went through mono caused by EBV. I had one particular gland in my neck which bothered me right throughout, it felt enlarged and they did an ultrasound but told me it was just a reactive gland and this can be very normal during mono. At different times I also had some strange and uncomfortable pains in my mid-chest area, under armpits and groin - all prominent areas where glands are situated. 

I really want to reassure you that it is normal to be bothered like this during the virus - that is not to trivialise it in any way, it's so hard to deal with. It's hard not to worry about things I know, but remember this is a very common and normal symptom for mono, and in the vast vast majority of cases goes away as you recover. It was probably 9-10 months before I started to feel like the pain in the lymph node in my neck was settling down, it lingered but it did get better and go away completely.

Thinking about you and remember just rest and don't put too much pressure on yourself with work or anything right now - and remember you ARE going to get through this and get better, I truly believe that and hoping and praying for God's intervention and breakthrough in your situation. Do keep us posted how things are going and message any time!

Craig 

• Posted

thank you so much Craig, i felt so much better now cause of what youve said..you're a blessing from God..I really appreciate the care that you have for all of us suffering this sickness..Thank you so much..

• Posted

Thanks so much Cifer, I just want you to know there is hope and is recovery from this thing. I do understand what it's like to struggle and go through hard times, this last year has been so tough for me too with back pain and prostatitis and depression and losing my job more than likely. Any prayers for me at this time would be much appreciated too, and still hoping and praying for your recovery. 

Craig

• Posted

Hi Craig

I'm sorry to hear that you're also going through tough time, i just want you to know that you're in my prayers..we will get through this and will live a better life..just hang in there..God will definitely heal us..

• Posted

Thanks so much for praying for me Cifer, it's the best gift anyone could give me right now is to pray for me as I know you how hard it is when you are facing with the reality of ill health or difficult circumstances. Your words and prayers and thoughts mean so much!!

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers too Cifer, and I believe that God is going to heal us too and just to reassure again that the horrible virus you are going through DOES get better and recovery WILL come, just so frustrating that it takes so long sometimes and the mental strain of having to cope with it for so long can be so awful. Thinking about you and keep remembering things won't always be this hard!! Trusting God to help us and bring us through!

Craig 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.