4 Seasons and peri

Posted , 8 users are following.

As we entering in fall season ,I would like to ask you if you have noticed any changes in your symptoms and if yes could you give me an example?

In my case, I think that my IBS symptoms such as gasses and generally digestive peri symptoms are becoming worse with weather changes

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Evi

my theory (as I have experienced the same) is lack of natural sunlight = dip in mood as in missing chance to keep optimum Vitamin D levels = heightened stress = worse IBS.

answer get a SAD light it helps replenish missing daylight.

• Posted

I seemed to be fine during the summer months but now I'm extra tired.  Don't know if it's the weather or what but just not like it was a few months ago.

• Posted

Funny thing is I feel way better now that the season is changing, I was the same last year, I felt better from mid September to about mid January. I don't do well with humidity, I sleep better with cool evenings, I feel calmer, not say everything is perfect but the syptoms ease up a bit.

• Posted

Humidity is my constant nightmare! I cannot bear humid weather at all!
  • Posted

Hi Ev, last fall/winter I had Raynauds...hands/feet turn colors.  I do not have any auto immune disorders...so it was just weird!  Hopefully that does not cone back again! 
    • Posted

Hello, I have read about Raynauds...Have you been officially diagnosed with arthritis

I mean antinuclear antibodies blood test?

I hope this winter will be better for you.

• Posted

Hi Evi, all my auto immune tests were clear.  I had primary raynauds, which means you can just have it..,nit dangerous just annoying!  Secondary raynauds is  when you have an immune disorder like RA, lupus, etc...that can cause nerve damage.  
    • Posted

Oh, I understand, I didn't know the difference!

Luckily, my ANA test was clear, too

I believe that all  our horrible symptoms are due to the estrogen deficiency

• Posted

Oh definitely!  The new obgyn I saw the other day was great.  I am definitely estrogen deficient. She has been the only dr I’ve seen so far that told me joint pain is related to estrogen loss.  I have joint pains...but forgot to mention it to her...when she said that I was like YES I get pains too!  I also think the raynauds thing (for me) is hormone related. Estrogen and progesterone affect our circulation.  Glad your ANA was all clear too!  
    • Posted

Joint pain and cracking sounds from my bones too!!

Are you going to try BHRT?

I have already ordered  an estriol cream and I am  going to give it a try soon. I cannot live like this anymore and peri before actual menopause may last for years..In addition, I am worried about the long- term consequences of estrogen deficiency such as osteopenia/osteoporosis, diabetes, cardiovascular problems, loss of memory etc

I have read that it is considered mild estrogen compared to estradiol but I do not know its efficacy

• Posted

No...Once my period shows up, I am going to start a combo oral Birth control pill...extended cycle.  84 days straight hormones...then withdrawal bleed.  My obgyn said that because of my younger age a d the severity of my symptoms...creams would not be a long term solution for me.  I need steady estrogen and progesterone. I was on BCP for 20 years before going off last year at 40.  Then, all this misery started.  Over a year later and I am still struggling...my body never really had to make it’s own hormones...so it makes sense!  I am hoping my body will make friends with this new pill 😁🤞

• Posted

Oh yes...I call myself Rice Crispies in the morning...Snap, crackle, pop, walking down the stairs.  😂

• Posted

Evi

if you are going to use BHRT Estrodial then it is advisable to use BHRT progesterone also (on a 14 day cycle) mostly to protect against having to much estrogen is your body. unlesd you have another source of progesterone that you are using

• Posted

Good luck with your treatment!!

Keep us posted about your progress.

You deserve to be healthy and feel good for yourself and your family!

• Posted

Thank you a lot for your valuable advice!

I thought that estriol does not require progesterone...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.