4 Seasons and peri

Posted , 8 users are following.

As we entering in fall season ,I would like to ask you if you have noticed any changes in your symptoms and if yes could you give me an example?

In my case, I think that my IBS symptoms such as gasses and generally digestive peri symptoms are becoming worse with weather changes

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Its s always best to use progesterone with any form of estrodial because no real medical studies have been done on BHRT. Synthetic estrogen requires progesterone to be used unless you have no womb to protect the endrometrium walls from developing cancer, to be cautious even with BHRT I would use aswell but only for 14 days.
    • Posted

Hello again dear Woo,

Do you know if it is possible for a woman  to have normal levels of progesterone but too low of estradiol?

I have read that the pattern of declining hormones is firstly the drop of progesterone and then the decline in estrogen.

when you say for 14 days you mean from midcycle until next period, right?

• Posted

Evi

Both hormones decline so one may be higher than the other one day, then vice versa. FSH also effect levels so you can never be precise, our body can produce estradol from fat stores (hence term middle age spread & being overweight causing cancer in women as you produce more estradol, estrodal is converted to estrogen) All I know is if you take synthetic HRT you will also be advised to take progesterone regardless of the fact you may be producing more progesterone anyway because levels of both fluctuate so greatly. Very complicated I know but then the whole peri thing is!!!

• Posted

Hi Woo, very accurate!  I am on the thinner side...definitely another factor of estrogen deficiency in my case
    • Posted

Yes, my fsh is ranging from 10,5 to 20,5! it is very high but my estradiol is too low at the same time.

I agree with you that this abnormal imbalance or better the ratio in estradiol/ progesterone levels each day determines the diversity of symptoms.

For example, I believe that when I am fully depressed and cannot stop crying, have hot flashes or I am itching then my estrogen are too low but the days I am aggressive, having too much saliva I know progesterone both androgens are conquering my body.

I know that these fluctuations are causing all this living nightmare.

I am hesitant for the cream because my periods are still considered regular every 27-29 days of the month.

I do not want to disrupt my cycles but I need estrogen. I cannot bear it anymore

Thank u again Woo!

• Posted

I am thin too Lou...

Do you believe that we will see light in the tunnel one day?

• Posted

I sure hope so Evi!  Has a couple pretty good days this week.  Today, I am having a health anxiety day today.  My tongue is twitching when I stick it out, and I feel very jittery, but exhausted!  My vertigo has been horrible.  Of course I think I have Parkinsons now!  Probably residual side effects from being off Lexapro.  Also, my period is due any minute.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.