4 week post op for anterior and posterior prolapse. Stabbing pains down below. Help!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I went for a walk at lunchtime today then on return stabbing pains in my groin. I sat down and rested. Still had pains when I walked around. Has anyone had the same experiences and what was wrong?

0 likes, 56 replies

56 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Oh right thanks Jane, I haven't heard of that one, I will have to get hubby on the case in asda tomorrow.
    • Posted

I don't think you can get it over the counter. I had it on prescription in hospital. Worth a look on the internet though.
    • Posted

Hi Kay, How are you today? I thought I was improving today, and went shopping at the local village, went to Sainsbury's with hubby and made the bed. Thus afternoon stabbing pains again and sofa bound for the rest of the day. Then I thought I will not give in to a few pains and went for a walk. Back on the sofa again with stabbing pains in both bum and crouch. It is soooo frustrating! 5 weeks post op on Monday, few stitches have fallen out but what next? 

Have you rested today?

Jane 

• Posted

Hi, Jane, how are you feeling today?

sorry to hear that you were feeling rough again over the weekend.

ive just been for a little walk only around the garden but it's a start and water my pots and baskets with the hose as hubby forgot, just lying on the sofa for a while now.

not back at the consultants until the 18th November it's seems so long away, still can't believe how long it takes to recover from this op.

• Posted

Hi Kay, I am good today. I am slowly learning about how much exercise I can cope with and when to rest. I have been shopping, driven the car, sorted out drawers of scarves and necklaces, and discovered the local library, now I have just woken up after an hours sleep. My stitches have come out and I am a bit sore so have used cream. I do not know if when or of I will ever get back to my old energy levels. At 58, teaching fulltime I was always tired and stressed. I have learnt so much about what is important in life. One minute I am bored and want to go back to work and then discover something new and want to stay at home and not work at all. This experience for me has not just been the physical but mental too. 

Hows you? And are you returning to work. My consultants appt is not until 10th December! 

• Posted

Hi Jane,

sorry to hear you feeling rough this weekend, this op really does take it out of you doesn't it.

ive just had a little walk around the garden and watered my pot and baskets with the hose as hubby forgot to do them.

lying on the sofa for a while now, found that I get lower abdominal pains everytime I do a little bit more.

• Posted

Hi Jane, 

i will be returning to work just not sure when, I feel the same as you about it board one minute and can't wait to get back but the next thinking will only go back when ready, I'm li

lucky in one respect that my job is office based but I still have a bit of lifting to do with filing and it's in an old factory And I need to go up and down  stairs  a lot so will deafantly only be going back when completely ready.

im 55 and only do 25 hours a week but that really is enough for me, the thing that becomes evident is that most people think we're been in for a minor op and don't understand why we're off for so long, I kept telling my work I could be off for a while but I think that only sunk in when they got my 6 week sick note.

• Posted

Yes, people think its a minor op and think you will be returning in a couple of weeks. My deputy came to visit last week and brought cards from the children. They miss me but the thought of facing all those people gain scares me greatly. I am certainly not fit enough. My office is upstairs and the building is victorial with a very long coridoor. I must admit I don't miss the stress, parents shouting in your face and the long hours. So we shall see.
  • Posted

Yes I know what you mean about the stress, I normally do the factory staffs time sheets before there sent to payroll and of course I was alway the first port of call if they got paid wrong didn't matter to them that I don't work ther pay out only put there hours downs so that's one part of the job I don't miss at the moment.

one of my colleagues came to visit me yesterday and kept saying well you'll  be back in a couple of weeks won't you!!! 

• Posted

You smile and say we will wait for the consultants opinion. Always good to pass the decicision to an expert.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.