4 week post op for anterior and posterior prolapse. Stabbing pains down below. Help!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I went for a walk at lunchtime today then on return stabbing pains in my groin. I sat down and rested. Still had pains when I walked around. Has anyone had the same experiences and what was wrong?

0 likes, 56 replies

56 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Jane,how are you feeling today?

this is the day I haven't had to take any pain killers got a bit of a niggle in my stomach  and a bit of a tingle underneath but nothing major.

Not really done anything today other than make myself a brew and the normal up and down stairs to the bathroom.

• Posted

Hi Kay, Thanks for asking. I got up thinking it's a good day today. I had a restful day yesterday and one of my stitches fell out. Today I have hoovered the house, walked to the beach and back, had lunch then fell asleep for 2 hours. I have been taking painkillers, Ibruprofin and paracetamol so feeling ok. Glad you are ok,  are you taking anything to soften your poo?
  • Posted

No, I've been ok so far with that, trying to regulate myself with my diet, shreddies every morning fresh fruit and yogurt with my lunch, plus there's the chips with everything my hubbies is doing for tea most nights😱, so much for my slimming world diet 😂, asked him for scrambled egg on toast tonight.

Dont  have a stool in the bathroom but compromise with putting my feet on top of two toilet rolls, one foot under each foot, lifted my legs just enough to and found it much easier to go.

• Posted

You have made me laugh! The joys of post op poos, not blues! My husband is a very good cook, so steak and of course chips tonight but I need the movicol twice a day otherwise I would be hurting. Am suffering now after a busy day.

I got a bit worried yesterday cos a slight hint of blood but I think it was the stitch coming out. Just waiting for another stitch to come out, we shall see.

• Posted

On had my op on the 5th so not lost any stitches yet, and trying my best to take it easy, have been busy colouring today, I sent for one of those adult colouring books Anything to advoid daytime TV.

The worry is doing to much and ending up back where I started and Don't won't that.

making shopping list out tomorrow, meals Without chips I think, cooking sauces for slow cooker and pasta's Hubby said by the time I'm fit again he may be able to manage the odd soufflé 

• Posted

Yes, you have to be careful, and don't try and run before you can walk. I am sewing stuff to sell on a new etsy shop I am opening soon, hopefully it will be a career change. I have filled an old suitcase already with cushions and peg bags. My sewing machine is getting worn out.

You hubby seems to be looking after you very well. I would not know how to make a souffle. 

• Posted

What a lovely outcome that would be for you, hope all goes well with career change.

Once he masters how to turn the oven on and not the grill, I will get him to show my how to make one as well, of course it would have to be a chocolate one.

• Posted

Of course, chocolate, what would we do without a bit of chocolate! I can't eat chocolate if I am having wine as it gives me migraines so I have to choose, wine or chocolate? 
  • Posted

Wine is good😀🍷🍷🍷
    • Posted

Hiu Kay, How's you? 

I am very tired today and have slept for 2 hours this morning, very sore down below. I think I have done too much again! Hope you are feeling better today?

• Posted

Hi Jane, sorry to hear you are feeling rough today, it does some like you did a little too much yesterday, such a shame as you were feeling so positive after your walk yesterday, it's such a shock how long and hard recovery is after this op isn't it.

i had a bit of lower stomach pain last night and ended up taking pain killers and first time last night was struggling to go😰, managed in the end but not until this morning, so have asked my hubby to get so Movical in just in case it happens to me, of course he said it was because I didn't want chips last night !!!

Ive just been for my first small walk around the garden, nothing major but it's a start so I will have to see how I go on as the day wares on.

I seem to be suffering more from lower abdominal pain than anything else, but I have spent most of the last couple of weeks lying on the sofa, so perhaps it's because I'm starting to move around a little more now 

• Posted

Probably, take it nice and slow. i get Laxulose from the internet as it is cheaper than on prescription.
  • Posted

Oh I will  have a look, you've got to love the internet haven't you, you can buy anything and have it delivered 
    • Posted

Sorry I spelt it wrong, the laxative I am taking is called Laxido. It's orange flavour but I add a bit of orange squash and then add small amount of water. I take one in the morning and one after lunch.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.