4 weeks in...

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi ... I've been reading through  Some of these discussions and I must say I'm happier knowing my worrying is normal ... I had posterior/ anterior  vaginal repair and vaginal hysterectomy 4 wks  ago  and I thought I was going nuts .. Aches and pains and tiredness seems quite normal after this op ... I was thinking of going back to work this week but my body doesn't feel ready.. I've been worried all day because stupidly I felt just inside my vagina and it feels worse than before op ..but realise it's obviously the swelling .. So pleased to know I'm not on my own ... 

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Like you I had A & P with vaginal "hysterostomy". I am only 6 days but you give me reason to not rush the healing. I have about 4 wks before I have to return to work so I will have a better idea how to plan.

The ladies here are fabulous on encouragement with reality. You just continue to rest when you can and heal.

God bless

• Posted

Hi Janice ... honestly take my advice do not rush ... I'm shocked at how long it's taking I'm normally on my feet busy busy busy I love to be doing things I'm a non stop person ..thank god my husband has worked local he has been so understanding and amazingly helpful as he normally works away & we have 4 dogs 😂😂 I have 4 grandchildren and have a really busy life ...normally. .. but my god this op has knocked me for six ... for a week or so after the op I was fine but the healing takes it out of you ... so please plan carefully ... big hugs X
    • Posted

Jane,

Glad you have the help! Pets and grandchildren do keep us busy. I will continue to keep it slow. Feeling whole is my goal.

Thank you for the advice and hugs. Right back at you

• Posted

Hi Jane,

You have gone through alot of surgery. Your body takes time to adjust to it all. Give your self time to heal physically and mentally. In time of worry, we all do it! Try some deep breathing or just listen to yourself breath by putting your fingers in your ears. I know this sounds mad but once you control your mental stresses you start to feel better.I listened to calming music before i went to bed at night. Eat a good diet as you have alot ot tissues healing and keep hydrated. You will get better in time. Get well hug for you! smile

• Posted

Hi there... thanks for your reply I'm just glad I found this forum I felt a bit alone in this healing process. .. iv been meditating night times I pop in the ear phones and meditate to a calming sleep .. I realise it's been quite a shock to my system now as I'm normally a very very active person ... I took so much for granted ..not being able to pick up my grand babies and intamacy with the hubby 😆 I definately am missing ... thanks for your reply x
    • Posted

You are welcome Jane. It is horrible having to face the after gyno surgery alone. I wish you all the best in your recovery process. We all take different times to heal. Take care and there is always us ladies to chat to if you feel down or worried. Good luck x
  • Posted

For some reason we all feel a great need to prove how tough we are and mustn't 'waste time' laying around. It's ridiculous , our bodies have been through massive traumas and need to recover. I had a total hysterectomy 4 years ago and returned to work too soon resulting in more time off. This time I had my vaginal vault and posterior fascial repair two weks ago and I still feel pretty awful. Loads of pain and exhaustion. I am going to sit in the garden (when I can sit comfortably!!)  and do nothing more strenuous than lift a glass of wine! Take this time as a much needed and, probably, rare period of rest. Good luck.
    • Posted

It's tough isn't it ... I'm just such an active person but since the op iv felt a bit down I'm really trying to pick myself up ... I had a bladder repair about 9/10 yr ago but 4wk ago had the lot done the hysterectomy I don't really know if it's bothering me it's because of the discomfort from the bowel and bladder repair ... I'm just happier now knowing when I talk about how I'm feeling you ladies know exactly where I'm coming from ... wish you well and you must take it easy ...enjoy your rest the sun and your wine 😚 and thankyou X
    • Posted

following surgery in 2008 i started to bleed a few months ago.  have had various scans etc.   saw the original consultant who did my surgery - apparently the mesh used had started to knot - instead of admitting me she decided to see if she could "trim" it there and then.   Talk about eyewatering!  That was 6 weeks ago, i'm seeing her on Thursday - if need be will repeat the procedure - i'll definately be taking a couple of pain killers before i leave home!

Try and relax and don't even think of returning to work.

• Posted

I'm so sorry to hear your having problems again I do hope it's sorted painlessly and quickly ... X X
    • Posted

Hope everything goes okay on Thursday for you. How does mesh knot? Perhaps it has twisted? Not sure what surgery you had done and how the mesh was inserted but i wish you all the best in getting your problem sorted out. Goodluck and i will be thinking of you on Thursday. x
    • Posted

Glad your're able to get this addressed. Will definitely pray for peace (& for little pain) in this visit. That this will give you safe end to your discomfort.

xx

• Posted

I think as women we push ourselves to get back to normal too quickly and this is made worse when recovering from this type of surgery because there is nothing too see. If we had broken bones in a cast everyone would see and give help, with no obvious injury and we look ok the help and care often stops. As most women are care givers in one form or another we feel almost guilty not carrying on as normal no matter how we feel. Give yourself love and care and don't rush back to work if you are not ready, you don't want to end up having the same surgery again in a few years time like I have.
    • Posted

You are so right ... I think because my husband was in the room with me when the anithatist not sure if I spelt that correctly. .. was explaining what was going to be done and the risks ect ect it helped him to realise it was major surgery not just a nip and tuck he has been amazing but as a woman and seeing and feeling the changes down below I sort of felt alone until I found this forum ... so thankyou for your reply and your advise ... I hope your well soon 😚 xx
    • Posted

Yes, you are right again. It is hard to convince ourselves let alone our poor husbands, My husband has had 2 cranials so he is more sympathetic but he feels so inferior having to see to my needs.

Your personal experiences are so uplifting and also an opportunity to encourage.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.