4 weeks in...

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi ... I've been reading through  Some of these discussions and I must say I'm happier knowing my worrying is normal ... I had posterior/ anterior  vaginal repair and vaginal hysterectomy 4 wks  ago  and I thought I was going nuts .. Aches and pains and tiredness seems quite normal after this op ... I was thinking of going back to work this week but my body doesn't feel ready.. I've been worried all day because stupidly I felt just inside my vagina and it feels worse than before op ..but realise it's obviously the swelling .. So pleased to know I'm not on my own ... 

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I. Had A and P op.4.5wks ago and still struggling sitting and walking far.I had an infection after 3 wks so just finished 2lots antibiotics. Am self employed but not expecting to be back at work till 10wks post op at this rate.Stomach still swollen and tender when wearing trousers.No follow up appointment is worrying as told need to go back to doctor and get referral if a problem.
    • Posted

Sorry to hear you had problems with infection 3 wks in... iv been lucky not getting an infection but I think it's got to be normal the pain and discomfort we are feeling I was 4 wks in friday and I also struggle walking to far .. my stomach is swollen because my hubby's food was to damn tasty but I'm back on a more healthy eating plan now lol... I think for peace of mind you should visit your doc and see what he/she thinks .... its not comfortable but I hope you get some answers off the doc x
    • Posted

Thanks. When I saw the doctor about my infection they used a spectrum to exam ne which was extremely painful after only 3wks after op.Infection cleared just set me back. Hope u recovering well.
    • Posted

Omg I think I'd have asked to be put to sleep first iv looked at my bits and it's still swollen inside no way I'd have a speculum put in there ... poor you ..glad it was sorted .. thank god for this forum or I think I'd have gone nuts worrying lol X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.