4 weeks of dizziness/being lightheaded and now I have tinnitus

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I made a post about a month ago about feeling dizzy and light headed. https://patient.info/forums/discuss/been-feeling-feint-dizzy-and-lightheaded-constanly-for-over-a-week--614631.

I went to my doctor a week later and he said I probably have labyrinthitis (there no sign of infection or wax). He gave me naproxen and betahistine. This seemed to fix my problems and I was fine. Until over the last week. I've been getting a ringing, fluttering and loud hiss in my ears. I'm terrified right now. Anyone know what's going on? I do not listen to loud music.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Tinnitis! Iv had all these symptoms for over a yr. Some days it's manageable but other days I fall on my face and ask the Lord for mercy. Once you can learn to roll with it if it continues to last the better off you'll be. Yours may leave just as quick as it came but if it lasts for several months then know that it is probably there to stay. It is not fun at all trust me. But I'm learning that certain foods trigger it and make it worse. Sugar for one brings more of the high-pitched ring. Usually it is just the sound of cicadas 24/7. I try to keep my mind off of it as much as I can. Some days it's not possible. But I try not to get stressed over it because stress brings it about worse. You will see as time goes on that certain foods, and stress, and being tired, and Loud Noises, brings it into a higher pitch. Hope you can get some answers. I am willing to answer anything that I know on my end. To help you to overcome this. Take care

• Posted

I have had tinnitus for 40 years, you actually get used to it and tend to block it out, mine is in the left ear.
  • Posted

I was the same got up one day fell over had 3 weeks of dizziness and sickness i couldnt get out of bed .was told i had labrythitis and it would last 8 weeks approx im now into my 32 week and have tinitus ive had a brain scan nithing nasty going on but very frustrated at the ringing in my ears and migraines i now get.i hope your ok i feel yiur pain !!
  • Posted

do you have any digestion /stomach issues?
    • Posted

Indo..Tinnitis, acid reflux, globus, ridge shape on my skull, eye aches, weird sounds and like rushing in my head. You name it, iv got it..unreal..dizziness. horrible vertigo just yesterday, couldn't get out of bed. Just feeling better this afternoon

Have no clue what all is going on in my system..

• Posted

I DO! MEANT TO SAY NOT INDO
    • Posted

if you do have digestion /stomach issues. Better to fix those . I feel dizziness/tinnitus is some way connected to digestive system.
    • Posted

Never thought of tht. Have you had many replies on Tinnitis forums saying Tha have acid along with T.?
    • Posted

i do not post much in this section as my main issues is non working gallbladder and now got stones and lot of digestive issues due to it. But these dizziness and Tinnitus started after it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.