4 weeks still don't feel good

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, been on citroplam for 4 weeks now started on 10mg for a week and went up to 20mg been on them for 3 weeks. Felt weird at first then started to notice a difference. Past few nights I've been feeling very anxious and light headed, feel like I'm never going to feel normal. Thought I was in the mend. My skin gone dry on face and I got red patches and still a little shaky at times any advice would be great. X

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Hollie ,

I'm nearly 4 weeks into taking them and I still don't feel right either, think the side effects just take longer to subside in some of us. Hang in there and be positive even though it's difficult - you're not alone!

Xx

• Posted

Hi Danielle thanks for the reply. It's just night time I seem to feel rubbish. Still feel tired all the time aswell and totally drained by tea time. X
    • Posted

Yeah it's strange isn't it, I find myself more anxious at night and I keep waking up throughout the night really anxious. It's horrible.

Give them another couple weeks and see how you feel, my doctor said 6 weeks is the best time to wait til! Let's keep our fingers crossed!! Xx

• Posted

My doctor did give me steraline 50mg and said I had an option either give cit more time to work or start new ones, I'm to scared to start new ones as had really bad side affects on cit. so going to give it couple more weeks. Didn't you get any sleeping pills to help you through the nights for now x
    • Posted

Yeah definitely stick with it for little longer, lots of people have taken longer than 4 weeks to see the benefits so gives us hope.

I've got low dose of zopiclone which helps me get to sleep but I still keep waking up, am better than last week though.

Just getting headaches and sensitive to lights etc at the mo, feels never ending doesn't it xx

• Posted

That's what I take at night aswell only got 8 nights worth left doubt they will give me more as been on them for the whole 4 weeks now. I still wake up aswell I hate it and yes my eyesight goes funny at times and sensitive to light. One thing I am going to miss is the fact I can't have a drink now used to enjoy my odd night out but had really bad anxiety the following day aswell wouldn't want to risk it being on cit to scared to sad x
    • Posted

Have you tried a night without them yet? U might be pleasantly surprised , I haven't even tried yet! They might give you more if you really need them .... Yeah same here, I find I'm worse the next day if I've had a couple of drinks so don't risk it anymore. Not while they're still settling in anyway - we've got through the worst now though!xx
    • Posted

Yes tried a night a couple of weeks ago without taking one and it was horrible could not sleep atall think I only got about 3 hours on and off stayed at a friends and left them at home. My doctor said they wouldn't recommend them long term as can get addicted think I already am dreading the night I run out but will see how I'm feeling in a weeks time if not 100 per cent then will ask for more. I'm not going to touch a drink for a long while will be hard over x mas thou x
    • Posted

Oh no - maybe when the Cit are really working and the side effects have worn off then u will be able to get back into a normal sleeping routine without tablets. Don't beat yourself up about it, the more we focus on it and get anxious about it the worse it'll be! Vicious cycle sad 

Hope you're feeling yourself again soon. X

• Posted

Do you still get that sicky feeling on them. Been feeling sick on them from the start even now I feel it. Had bad pains in my chest last week aswell kept thinking it was my heart ended up having an ECG but came back fine still get the pain now and then. When do you take your tablet ? X
    • Posted

I was sick nearly every morning up until last week when I started taking them in the evening instead and that's helped me. I take them at 8pm. Not sure if it's just coincidence but I definitely feel slightly better in the day now I don't take them in the morning.

Ah no, I was given diazepam for when I get really panicky like that ? And it just helps take the edge off.

At least you know nothing's wrong so if you get them again you can tell yourself it's just the anxiety xx

• Posted

I started taking them in the morning then went to taking them at mid day now I'm back to taking them in the morning. Just hate feeling so tired at tea time I'm yawning all the time throughout the day. Xx
    • Posted

Try taking them in the evening - I definitely don't feel as tired in the day now. Worth a try as the tiredness isn't very nice xx
  • Posted

Hey I am also on 20mg of cit from day1 all the way up to now which I am currently starting my fourth week. I had the same thing being anxious and light headed randomly and feeling hopeless that I just won't ever be happy. Thankfully that passed, the hopelessness feeing the light head and anxious still sometimes happens.

I still get temours the odd time when I take cit I guess its just my body trying to adjust to whats going on, but it has got slightly better than the first two weeks. Anyway I personally would go to my doctor which I have and I recommend you make an appointment and talk it through with him/her. I havn't had the red patches myself but do explain it to your doctor!

They will give you the best advice possible. 

Good luck and I hope you start feeling better soon!

• Posted

Hi, I apologize - have been trying to figure out how to follow posts here. So you have been taking Celexa for about 5 weeks now? How are your symptoms now? What was the reason for starting , it's ok if you don't feel comfortable answering that? In case that's the case, can you possibly tell me if it was anxiety or depression

How are you feeling?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.