4 weeks still don't feel good

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, been on citroplam for 4 weeks now started on 10mg for a week and went up to 20mg been on them for 3 weeks. Felt weird at first then started to notice a difference. Past few nights I've been feeling very anxious and light headed, feel like I'm never going to feel normal. Thought I was in the mend. My skin gone dry on face and I got red patches and still a little shaky at times any advice would be great. X

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It can take up to about 2 months if not longer to get totally ris of the side effects. Wtick with it hun..xxx
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply. Only seems to be night time I'm feeling funny x
  • Posted

I was exactly the same as you, sometimes in people it can take a while for citalopram to actually take effect, in me it was a few days into taking 40mg after being on 20mg for a month. as for me 20mg seemed to be doing nothing. 

I also have red patches especially on my face and dry skin, my doctor said it can be a sign of stress, and to just moisturise as normal. 

• Posted

I stopped having the shakes around 3 weeks into taking citalopram, however for each person it is different as we all experience different side effects! smile but I would say it is perfectly normal! xx
  • Posted

I AVE BEENOFF NOW FOR 2 WEKS AN I FEEL GREAT. I HAVE A KONG WAY TO GO BUT I AM GOING TO LIVE FOR AWHILE I ASN'T SURE. I SEE THE DOCTOR ON THURSDAY.
    • Posted

Still anxious at night and feel sick and get the shakes now and then been on them 4 weeks x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.