40 MG right out the door seems extreme.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Started on 40 MG 11 days ago. first 6 days I just lay on the couch yawning, feeling nausea and having blurry vision. I take it right before bedtime. The nausea seems to have passed and the yawning is less now. I have not felt any magic yet....but maybe in another couple of weeks. Has anyone else ever been put on 40 mg right out the door? All I told my doc is that I have been stressed. Such is life...hope things get better faster....Thanks for advice cheesygrin^

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

My goodness that does seem a lot! I am very surprised as the docs are usually so cautious in their approach and "build" it until th correct dose is achieved.

Maybe you could go back to the surgery and get the opinion of a different doctor?

• Posted

He's pretty sharp. I can tell he's deffinitely one for "better living through modern chemistry". He gave me 1mg of clonopin twice a day to chill while the celexa builds up in my system...I only take a half in the morning b/c I need to be able to work and take care of my kids. I will just see how I feel. I'm supposed to go back in a month. Part of me hopes that 40 mg will make me the happiest homie on the planet smile
    • Posted

Yes I suppose it could be a good thing the fact that he goes stright for the bulls eye rather than messing around the edges. I really DO hope you achieve that happy state asap! I have great faith in this drug- pray that it pays out big time for you too.
  • Posted

Appears extreme depends on age as well over 65 should not be prescribed more than 20mg Not that I am suggesting you are over 65 more that I am attempting to indicate the significance of this drug!!
    • Posted

I'm 38

I don't think that mixing copious amounts of red wine is going to help either....thus far.

• Posted

No I don't think so. I am off alcohol completely at present in an attempt to sort out the problems but several people have said that in their experience wine is the worst toye of drink when mixing with Cit

• Posted

Oh dear me! This cannot be right as the patient has to start on the lowest dose and then increase under their GPs guidance. I'd be extremely cautious. As Jugga states perhaps you should get another opinion?
  • Posted

40? Omg I don't know much about them but scared sh*t is 40 high? 
  • Posted

Please dont panic C! Remember, the opinion of your physician FAR outweighs our laymen opinions on here! All I am saying is that maybe to put your own mind at rest you could ask why he started you at top dose and whether maybe a lower one would have sufficed?

After all,you said it youself, you are over the initial side effects and even this big dose does not seem to be adversely affecting you! 

• Posted

Hi Clouded,

Just how I felt at times "clouded" I guess you would be straight in at 40mg!!!

I went to the Doc with work related stress and she is pretty switched on re "sticking plasters"  for the brain, the side effects and what they can or cannot possibly fix. As someone has stated it may be right for you.

I am on sick leave with work related stress and was in a bad, dark place with my health suffering. I started on 10mg and have gradually built up to 30mg over three months, but this was ok for me and I still ain't right, but I'm getting there, slowly.

I think it would be interesting to read what some of the other more experienced forum buddies have to say! I will keep me eye on this one me thinks.

Good luck anyway and keep in touch you're in a good place.

Regards, David

• Posted

I woke up at 11:00 am today! wow...it's like I'm in college again minus all of the sex and drugs (aside from the Cit of course).
  • Posted

Those were the days! Long hair, three button high waisters and platform shoes!!! And I have the photos!!! Made Brotherhood of Man look like a bunch of ragamuffins!

Heyho!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.