41 and on list for hysterectomy

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had a 16cm cyst removed from my left overy Dec 14 and had nothing but problems since, my left overy is always sore and I have a lot of pain with it, after seeing my doctor at the hospital we discussed a full hysterectomy so I'm going on the list, while I'm waiting He wants me to have these injections that I have one every 3 months which switches the brain part to my overys, I'm a bit worried I'm 41 advice please if you can 

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi emcharmed, I too had many problems with my womanly parts.. Twice being diagnosed with cervical cancer, but I was lucky to have been diagnosed early enough for treatment. I was so uptight and anxious every year when it came to my check up, in Aug 15 I requested a hysterectomy and was excepted , I had the surgery in Oct 15 and although the first few weeks were unpleasant, it was the best decision I have made. I too was 41. Although a forced menopause isn't the best, the side effects for me were much easier than the worry.. Please keep on top of your HRT with your GP don't suffer they can adjust the doses until it suits you.. 

Hope all all goes well for you 

• Posted

thanks for reply glad everything was ok for you, and thanks for advice you hear some right horror story's on the internet that's why i decided to post here. 
  • Posted

Hi I had a hysterectomy in Nov I just looked it up its to stop your ovaries producing estrogen for some reason
    • Posted

Thanks for reply he said it will stop the pain from overys while waiting and will have to take HRT tablets to 
    • Posted

Yes I know you I had a lot of pain the first few weeks I took it easy and just walked a little each day don't worry about the Internet you'll only make yourself worse you'll be fine I just get the odd pulling of switches sometimes but it doesn't bother me you be better once you had it done good luck all the best x
    • Posted

I was on the waiting list for 2 months I had it done in a private hospital on the NHS as we have book and choose here any more advice just ask through here I'll be happy to help
  • Posted

The worst part of recovery was the trapped wind in my shoulders which lasted about a week.. Getting up and moving helps get rid.. I also had mine done key hole so recovery was much quicker. 
    • Posted

You were lucky I had a cut along the bikini line also had painful shoulder
  • Posted

I have a 13cm cystic mass that I am getting removed tomorrow.  I have opted from a full hysterectomy at that time.  I am scared, but ready for it to be over 
    • Posted

You will be fine but I would be just like you worried and glad when over, I'm just waiting now don't know how long I'll be waiting, good look let us know how you get on x
  • Posted

Did you have symptoms with your cyst?
    • Posted

Yes my lower left side was very painful always weeing lower left backache and tired easy when walking always had a hot water bottle in my side lol x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.