45mg made me worse

Posted , 7 users are following.

Im not sure if its just me but after 7 days on 45mg Mitazapine I feel more low that on 30mg, so much so I went to see GP. I am now moving across to venlafaxine anyone else had the same issue

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Jimmy.

I felt the same with each increase in Mirtazapine fo quite a few weeks. 

In fact it seemed initially to make my anxiety and depression worse.

Ive been on it 11 weeks now,6 weeks at 45mg and I'm so glad I stuck with it. This last week I turned a corner which I honestly never thought I'd see. Even though I've been through anxiety/depression before I thought this time I wouldn't find my way back. I'm now at last feeling changes that make me believe in myself and believe that I will get better.

Only 2 weeks ago I was about ready to give up on the Mirt. I'm so glad I didn't xx

• Posted

Hi Gillian, I'm in desperate need of positive news like yours.  I've been on mirtazapine for 8 weeks, 2 at 15mg and last 6 weeks at 30mg.  I've seen some improvement in my anxiety but my depression is still as bad, if not worse.  The mornings are awful.  I've now had venlafaxine added.  Can I ask what improvements you noticed first?  I'm so desperate to be well again.  
    • Posted

Gillian,

I think all these drugs are tolerated different by us all, and for me the feeling of want to die meant that it was never going to be something I could cope with for much longer.

• Posted

Thanks for all your input folks, I am so glad to be off Mirtazapine. And hope that it works well for everyone else. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.