4th retear of anal fissure I don't know what to do and scared

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm really scared this is my 4th retear since august and its October. the first anal fissure was not very bad but it did hurt alot and I got prune juice to make my feces softer and did sitz baths and the other two were small and healed in 3 to 4 days..but this one really has me worried although it doesn't really hurt when I go to have a bowel movement but it is stressing me out.. the fissures are from hard bowel movements but i have been dring prune juice. I just want the fissure to stop coming back..I must admit I'm not the healthiest person and I am working on eating more fruits I already drink lots of water I just want the retears to end. Any advice

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi guys kayla again so I just had a BM and I have another retear anal fissure in the opposite position as the last one and I haven't gone to the doctors yet but I have been eating fruits and drinking water and now I don't know why my BMs are harder than usual ..I am just completely stress over all of the fissure reoccurrences Ive had and I now I really don't know what to do this is the 5th one 😞😞

• Posted

Kayla, I feel your pain. I also tend toward harder BM. Work towards eliminating coffee, soda, alcohol, anything that will you to drink less water and dehydrate you. Also, I find a tsp of Metamucil with 16 of of water every morning really helps. The powder works better then the pills.

And get to the doctor........a proctologist. Clearly, 5 tears, to me, means this isn't something you can fix alone.

I really feel for you.

Kinsey

• Posted

I totally agree on the metamucil. A teaspoon of metamucil a day keeps the colorectal surgeons away!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.