4th week into TKR

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi. I am new on here. I had a TKR on 8th Sept 17. I have been doing very well with all my physio. Today out of the blue my knee became very stiff and I am unable to weight bare. The muscle has tightened above and to the side of my. I am unable to bend it. I am seeing my consultant in the morning but I was wondering if anyone else has had this experience. It's as if I have sprained or twisted it. Is this a common thing. Daphne

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Very common my side did hurt is best to keepndoing therapy...take the meds and rest....go see the Dr...just in case...soon you will be back to normal!
    • Posted

Thank you for your input. Everyone has been great. I have sciatica all down right side now into my calf. Most annoying. X
    • Posted

I got sciatica at 5 weeks.  Comes from walking "funny".  We shift our gait to avoid pain so we do something bad to hips, SI joints, etc.  Chiropractor realigned my locked SI joints.  Took a few weeks to be totally gone.  No pills.

• Posted

Ok thanks. I will get in touch with my chiropractor if it doesn't settle.x

• Posted

I can't Thank you enough for the incredible support and knowledge you have to share. Really appreciate it. X

• Posted

I only seems that way because I've had 29 ops in the past 18 years, married to a pharmacist for 25 years and married for the last 7 to a lady who was a psych nurse for 30 years in Taos, NM.  You tend to pick up a lot of knowledge through osmosis plus sometimes when you least expect it.  I also do a lot of research about proposed procedures and medications plus discuss everything with my doctor cousin.  Gotta be your own health advocate.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.