5 minutes of nausea, profuse sweating and feeling faint.

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hi all,

Last night i woke up with nausea and slight discomfort feeling in my stomach. I then started to sweat profusely, my whole body was saturiated and i felt very clammy but I would not say i was hot or overheating. I did not vomit, as i felt that i would not be able to make it to the toilet, as i was worried about losing consciousness and did not feel i had the strength to move. Therefore i stayed in bed and fough the urge to vomit. The whole episode lasted 5 minutes.

I had a similar episode 2 months ago with exactly the same symptoms, however and that occasion i did vomit.

The following day after both episodes I felt fine (about 85%) with no loose bowel movements or loss of apetite.

I am a 31 year old male, excercise 5 times of week and consider myself generally fit. Family history of Pulmonary Embolism.

Any ideas, similar experinces or feedback would be great,

Thanks.

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

lve had simular symptoms on a couple of occassions, l think fairly typical of our bodies response to something it feels is toxic to it, lve had it will pills that my body couldnt cope with, certain type anti bs, pain killers too strong, for me, it could be an allergic response, or some type of food that your body cant cope with, But l guess it could be a health problem, but as you return to good health the next day seems more typical of something thats disagreed with you, Maybe other will id with it. 
  • Posted

I have had that. I thought i was dying....cold sweat laying on the floor...if i could have reached a phone i woukd have called 911. But that was after taking a laxative. I gave taken them before and never had that happen. The dr said i might have poop stuck and that is what that pain was. Have a colonoscopy scheduled.
  • Posted

I know this post is a couple of years old, but I was wondering if you ever found out what caused it? Have you had anymore episodes? The exact same thing happen to me a couple of months ago, it was scary and really freaked me out but as time passed I forgot about it, until it happened again last night.
    • Posted

I was just looking this up myself - from

Personal experience, it

Could possibly be related to Gallbladder or a very bad anxiety attack.  Other symptoms come with a full Panick attack.  Hope you were able to find out what caused your pain

• Posted

This EXACT same thing happened to me tonight. And now I’m back to semi normal. Tired, overly gassy. But literally everything you described to a T. And within the 5-10 mins after it began, it felt like my skin had frost bite. It feels neurological when it comes to how I’m perceiving the body pain and coldness. 
  • Posted

Am sitting on the toilet now, after going thru the urge to rush to the toilet, then diarrhea, sweating profusely, clammy skin, & wanting to lie on floor & pass out.  Bending over with my head on my arms seemed to help.  This last occurred about 4 years ago after eating at an outside restaurant on the river, & I felt it was food poisoning.  I was in the ladies room for disabled people for about 40 minutes!  I did not vomit tonite, but I did then.  Right now, I’m feeling much better but skin is cold & stomach is telling me to stay on the toilet, as much as I want to jump back into bed.  I grabbed my iPad because I thought I would have to sit & have a BM & it would give me something to do.  Never thought I’d be looking up a health issue!  I’m a tall 76 yo female, in reasonable good health, overweight but not fat, walk 3 dogs 3x a day, have hi blood pressured controlled by meds, play shuffleboard & bocce ball once a week, live with my 2 dogs, & try to stay active.

• Posted

I’ve had this happen to me 3 times now. The second time it happened I was rushed to the hospital by ambulance always feel nauseous but don’t throw up. I was told I have pancreatitis. 
  • Posted

I have this happen about 3 times a year for 10+ years. The first couple times my mom took me to the hospital but everything was fine and I felt tired. We had been told that they couldn't determine what is was since I wasn't having the symptoms while I was there because everything was normal.

When it does happen it lasts longer each time for me. It gets bad enough I go lay in the snow to cool off. This last time it was almost an hour. Husband said next time he's taking me to hospital.(he thinks it's low blood sugar)I am hypoglycemic and I can assure you it's not my sugar

• Posted

Hi Jennifer, I had/Have these same symptoms for 20 years. I moved from Canada to Mexico and in Mexico they recognized it immediately. I have ulcerative colitis. I was able to get it under control until recently (this past Christmas) it has started to act up. My diet is Good, my stress level is Good, so I'm not sure what to adjust in my lifestyle. Check with your doctor for tests. Good luck xo

• Posted

On a flight, in mid flight I had the nausea in my upper stomach. Soon I felt dizzy and started sweating. 1 week later the same happened about 2 hours into a flight. I was half asleep during the second time. The only thing in common was that I slept about 2-4 hours the night before early flights. I've read that it could be heart related. Any actual diagnosis by any of your doctors? 

• Posted

it sounds similar to me too. but I have these kind of symptoms every time before my period. it's kind weird, but I got used to it. I can't find if you found out what was the cause of this problem, but I think it might be the same problem as mine. and my gynecologist said that sometimes it's normal body reaction to period episodes.

• Posted

oh, sorry, accidendally post to wrong topic. but also I could say my opinion about your problem. my husband had these symptoms when he was bitten by mite. I know it's a sad news and I hope that your found out what was the problem..

• Posted

I know this post is super old but seems like people are still having issues so I thought I would throw my experience in the mix.

I recently went to a gastroenterologist after a lifetime of GI issues. My mom has celiac, but I don't, and I've been trying different diets and things to help. My doctor diagnosed me with IBS, but when I told her about these "episodes" I used to have in high school and college, she suspected it was my gallbladder. I would eat something I've eaten a million times before (food my mom made, dining hall food, and food I made myself), feel okay, and then suddenly feel a violent urge to vomit. I would have diarrhea and sweat so profusely that it dripped from my body. It would last from 30 minutes to an hour. And then I would have to spend about 20 minutes lying on the cool tile, and then I would be fine. After looking it up, the gallbladder thing makes sense, and I so wish I had gone when I was actively experiencing it so I could've stopped it.

I post this in the midst of what I think is another "attack;" which left me on the subway choking back vomit before I could get to work this morning.

• Posted

Wow!  That’s happened (the symptoms) to me several times, & I chalked it up to food poisoning, along with the hot Florida weather.  Now I will be more aware of what I’m eating when I have an episode.  I kind of felt I had IBS, because i know I’ll get diarrhea if i eat certain foods...usually gravy & sauces.  However, the dripping sweats & urge to puke, or actually puking, along with diarrhea, doesn't occur that often.  Thanks for giving me a heads-up.  I‘m 77 & in good health.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.