5 weeks 2 days post anterior prolapse repair

Posted , 8 users are following.

Good morning all.  I feel that I am recovering well but really had not appreciated how long this recovery was going to take ! I was an active, well person before the surgery walking 10 miles  or so regularly, going to the gym, cycling and swimming.  At the moment 

I am only just managing a couple of miles twice a day before I am experiencing low dragging pains in my "under carriage" 😊.  Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this? Am I still over doing it? Does anyone have any advice?

I have Physio booked for next Thursday morning and my 6 week checkup with the surgeon in the afternoon. My "Fit for Work" note runs out next Friday and I am not sure if I should be thinking about requesting more time off of work to recover - help - any input would be helpful - I'm feeling stressed thinking about this 🤔.

Just would like to add without this site and all the invaluable information you all add I would definitely not have got on so well with the recovery thus far - thank you all X

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thank you all for your responses which are vey helpful as usual 😊.  I will try and take it easy but it is hard I think we all probably expect to "bounce" back too soon.  I'm thinking that I should try and get my Fit Note extended but that's easier said than done it takes 2 weeks to get even a telephone appointment at my doctors surgery let alone an actual physical appointment to see a GP! 

I think part of my frustration is caused by the fact that I had a total abdominal hysterectomy in 2013 and had thought that life had just got back on track and have now had to have this prolapse repair!  

Take it easy ladies and thank you all once again 😊 xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.