5 weeks into the ciltopram program

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, I've had a lot of stress over the years and always managed to find my way out with sport or talking or keeping busy. the last year I couldn;t find my way out and started with ciltopram 10 and then 2 weeks later 20mg, at first 

i was feeling great, i think it was because i accepted I needed help but as the weeks go on, my head is clearer but i need so much sleep, i'm ok in the day but find it so difficult to wake up in the morning. I take the meds in the morning and find I can now push myself to do things (sometimes) I don;t really feel depressed anymore, but there again, I don;t really feel an awful lot. i'm also losing weight so there is a big plus. does anyone else have these experiances?

0 likes, 62 replies

62 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Good morning Icejan:

I'm on a little over three weeks on Citalopram.  Much anxiety, but hanging in there.  You hang in there too!

Ron

• Posted

Thanks Ron,

3 weeks Isnt very  long it will get better. Try not to hibernate keep moving it helps

• Posted

I'm on my third week of upped dosage 40mg from 30mg and I'm really struggling- got family and love my job so very busy but I've felt really bad lately - not felt like this since I was started on Citalopram over 3 years ago
    • Posted

Hi Anglio:

Ron here, yea, I'm really struggling too, I have also felt very bad, never felt so blue.  So, you were on Citalopram over three years?  Was it helping you, Anglio?

• Posted

Yeah it did really help- I even lowered my dosage last summer because I felt so good - had awful xmas due to deaths and other things which has made me poorly again
  • Posted

Hi everyone!

I have been on Cit. for about 6 weeks. I started on 10 mg. for a month and now on 20 mg. for the 2 1/2 weeks. My main symptoms is a feeling of a tight band around my head. I have some morning anxiety, but the head thing is the strangest. It generally starts late morning and can vary when it stops. Does anyone else experience this? Did anyone have it and it eventually went away? 

Sissy

• Posted

Sissy:

I was on 30 mg for two weeks, my GP thought that I was too nervous and losing too much weight, 20 lbs, so told me to go down to 20 mg. I will see a Psychiatrist for first time on Friday, so we will see. Again, thanks so much for your kindness and for everyone's kind words and support, it really helps. I hope things really start looking up for you, Sissy and for everyone!

Ron

• Posted

Hi Ron,

How do you feel? do you think the psy dr can help you?

Ciltopram is one of the lightest anti depressant, think good and hard before

taking anything heavier, If suggested.  

keep in touch with us in the group. don't feel your on your own.

• Posted

Hi Icejan:

Thanks for your good words of advise. I will see Therapist this afternoon,

Will let you know the outcome. Thanks as always for your kind words and thoughtfullness.

Ron

• Posted

How are you doing Icejan? 
    • Posted

Hi Sissy,

Thanks for asking, i'm feeling good except a rotten cold. have talked to the dr he wants me to take the meds for at least 6 months, which i'm quite happy tp do. ive changed the time i take ciltopram i take it around 3pm i'm sleeping Well and waking around 8am i don't feel so dopey in the morning. how are you getting on?

• Posted

I am hoping the Cit. kicks in fully soon. It is a bit up and down right now. I started the 4th week on 20 mg. today. So, I have done 10 mg at 4 weeks and now a full 3 weeks at 20 mg. 

I am glad you found a good time to take your medication and it is working for you. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.