5 weeks post op

Posted , 9 users are following.

5 weeks after botox and I am worse than ever. pain lasts 12 hours after BM. keeps me awake all night crying in pain. dont know where to turn. currently in a very low place with it all. it's worse than childbirth

0 likes, 48 replies

48 Replies

Next
  • Posted

im same 5 weeks after botox im in agony pain lasting about 3 hours after BM but then if i walk just around house it starts again

im going private on friday for the pressure test then hoping to have LIS

im also low very weepy and sob with the pain

• Posted

botox only has 60% success rate and it's temporary. botox usually peaks at the one month mark. so if you are not feeling great by 5 weeks, it's possible that it hasn't worked. i would really recommend the LIS, it has a high success rate.

• Posted

hi Betty, please explain your false claim of the 60% success rate with Botox? That is completely fabricated and so far from the reality! It does not work and from my understanding it is less than 5% . You’d have to ask yourself would have that 5% healed without it anyway!?

• Posted

why do you always get triggered by this? this is what the NHS and many CRS say, so stop saying it's a false claim. botox worked for one of my fissures that was only months old. it didn't work for the chronic one. worked on my friend who had a year old fissure. so yes, it can work. you are the one spreading false claims by saying it never works.

• Posted

show us all the proof that it works 60% on chronic fissures! not one person other than you on this site have stated that it works. i trust them not your ridiculous claims!

• Posted

ive googled it 70 out of 100 work apparently

it didnt work for me 😦

• Posted

i guess the forum is where people who have not had any luck with treatment come to look for help.. so perhaps we don't tend to hear the success stories here? but there is some hope... i am just 3 weeks post botox for chronic agonising fissure - although it's very slow progress, and it's not healed yet, it is much better already... i'm no longer taking any painkillers or in fear of a BM, so i'm out of a desperate dark place and cautiously optimistic. i know this might all change any day with a relapse but i'd say to others give it a go and stick to lifestyle tips to optimise chances of success.

• Posted

yes i think everyone had to have the botox before any other treatment and for them it works for its amazing so glad to hear your coming out the other side

• Posted

so you've now googled it and its crept up to 70%. try Wikipedia next it might say 90%!! it's garbage

• Posted

well done. stopping pain killers is a huge step in healing! good luck

• Posted

no it says 70 people out of 100

im not saying your wrong it didnt work for me im saying what google says

this is a support group

• Posted

thank you. and thanks for sharing your tips. i'll give anything a go

• Posted

calm down you massive pri k and grow up. first you say you don't believe NHS, CRS and stats, now you don't believe people that have had botox cure them. i have no reason to lie. we are all in the same boat or have been in the same boat. what would i gain from lying.

• Posted

yes it is a support group and all i am reading is how all of these poor people lives are suffering and yet they are still put through more pain , delayed healing time and expense with the false hope of a cure with Botix. therefore i believe the treatment should not be offered!

• Posted

unfortunately this site won't let me tell you off properly but get F%%## anyway!!!

• Posted

how about this bad betty!!

Summary

Evidence from 2 systematic reviews and 4 further randomised controlled trials (RCTs) suggests that botulinum toxin type A injection is less effective than surgery, no better or worse than topical glyceryl trinitrate (GTN; mostly 0.2% ointment) or isosorbide dinitrate, and no better than placebo or lidocaine at healing anal fissure. The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) has warned healthcare professionals about the rare but serious risk of toxin spread when using all types of botulinum toxin.

• Posted

Today Im on the 1 month and 5 days after LIS, fissure is 90% cured, some minor discomfort left here and there that should go away with time. Main problem now is dealing with emotional trauma post fissure! It is a real thing!

• Posted

i am exactly at the same spot as you are. Had my Botox injected 3 week ago and i see some hope at the end of this miserable misfortune . I completely changed my diet(there is no more cheating day, ONLY high fiber foods), still on nifedipine cream and lactulose, and started putting aloa vera as well.

i hope that everything will get better and heal completely someday. I wish the same to all of you.

Can you please keep me posted on your recovery?

• Posted

I wish you well DC. just take each day one at a time and be kind to yourself, it could be a very long road to recovery - at 4 weeks i have unpredictable good days and bad days, but overall it's better than before botox so i keep optimistic. i'm still trying to figure out the best formula for my healing, with tips from friends on here 😄 i think its important to do a little exercise like walking to keep blood flowing to the area, stay warm and get loads of sleep to help your body heal itself - i try to remember that's what it's trying to do!

• Posted

absolutely exercise is critical. avoid any stress as it makes your rectum spasm, have you noticed driving a car can cause pain. thats not from just sitting, its because we naturally tense up when we drive! good luck

• Posted

hi. suppose walking may be good exercise but I an a keen weight trainer and I must say I have made a decision to keep away from.weights. lifting a light weight I found still used anus muscle fibres and caused me discomfort

at the moment I am using forces of nature fissure oil , sudocram , coconut oil and diltazium.

it's a killer pain which has made me depressed . I just want to enjoy the lead up to xmas but cannot .

if I find my fissure is getting slightly better do you guys still recommend botox ? or is it worth keeping away from.botox.if the fissure is starting to heal ?

• Posted

yes! you are so right about this... in fact i bought a heated car seat and it's made driving bliss. so much so that i also now use an electric heat pad for work (sitting on it) and highly recommend this too, really soothes the pain and encourages blood flow.

• Posted

hi there, if you sift through these blogs you will see im a botox non believer!! i think it is bullsh#%! you need to get off pain killers!! it so hard but it worked for me! they can cause rectum spasm that do not allow healing.

• Posted

i would be dead without my hot wheat bag!!! seriously!!

• Posted

ive not been able to drive for 4 weeks ive realised everything we do impacts your bum muscles 😦

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.