5 Weeks Post Op TKR

Posted , 4 users are following.

So i go to see my consultant today,he’s absolutely over the moon with my bent and straight leg lifts.im so happy after what can only be described as a traumatic recovery.

After a massive bleed out after surgery, at 2 weeks post op I get an infection  at 3 weeks I have suspected DVT so unhecting twice daily in my tummy 😩i’m then sent for ultrasound to check the DVT everything is clear 🤔 just a little fluid.

So when I see him today he tells me I have a bakers cyst in the back of my knee ??? the pain in the back of my knee has been there for 3 years I was told it was sciatica then tested for DVT then said it was Arthritic pain mmmmmmmm now i’m thinking they rushed the op through because of the amount of pain I was in,could i have held out another few years ??? and why was i told there was nothing there at 3 scans in total Bitter Sweet

#NotrustintheNHS#Angry&Upset

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Just emphasises the need for 1/2/3 of more opinions astonishing how seemingly cavalier the medical "profession" can be. Spoils the appreciation of other excellent medics.very sad.

• Posted

I know

To be honest I was just so happy that they’d said i’d done so well almost 6 weeks with no advice on physio because of  a mix up,but as I say bitter sweet really x

• Posted

"...absolutely over the moon...".  "Great, kid.  Don't get cocky." - Han Solo, Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

Just remember that you've just started this recovery.  There are advances, setbacks and plateaus.  You just got some GREAT news and we're all happy for you.  Just concentrate on time, work and patience; don't be surprised if there are some more setbacks in your future...it's all normal!!!

This is for your fridge...

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/the-reality-of-a-tkr-recovery-in-one-picture-626038

• Posted

lol Thanks Chico

It’s just a relief to hear something positive.

Yes I will prepare myself for mixed days even today i’m feeling like crap lol the Bursitis in my hip is testing me today 😩

Hope you are well x

• Posted

Hi,

I’m a bit confused. In the first paragraph you say you are happy and your consultant is over the moon so I guess your bend and straight are good and your recovery is going well. 

I understand it hasn’t all been plan sailing, but if you are now on the right road why are you angry and upset?

Sorry if I’m not reading your post correctly or just being dim!

I’m also five weeks P.O. today.

• Posted

Because I had been scanned 3 times because of the pain in the back of my knee and nothing was seen. My last scan was after my knee replacement and they still said nothing was there,but when i see my consultant yesterday he said au have a bakers Cyst this is the reason i’m upset maybe I didn’t make it clear.

But now i’m thinking maybe I could have put the surgery off for a good few years if they had picked up on the cyst

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.