5 weeks post sinus surgery and pain exactly the same

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi there, I have suffered from debilitating sinus pain for the past 15 years. I'm unable to lye on the left had side of my face as the pressure is immense. When it's really bad i feel like someone is popping bubble wrap in my sinuses and when i blow my nose the burning sensation in my eyeball is horrendous. I know i'm probably not explaining this very well, but I don't know how else to describe it. 

I had sinus surgery 5 weeks ago, to open up the drainage in my sinuses and the hope was to let the mucus drain away better, and relieve the pressure. 

5 weeks on and the pain is just as bad (if not worse) and it's basically ruining my life. I have a 4 year old and i'm in so much pain all the time I don't have the energy to do things with her that I would love to do. 

I've tried steroid spray's, strong antibiotics, steam, antihistemines, sinus rinses. Nothing works.

My surgeon say's if this doesnt work he will go down the route of treating me for migraines.

Sorry I know that was a ramble, i'm just wondering if anyone else can relate to the pain, and if ANYTHING has worked for them

Thanks x 

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi guys. I had sinus surgery 5 weeks ago and I still feel miserable. Although my sinus problems and pain has changed a lot of these past weeks, it's still annoying. I still have sinus pressure and inflammation. I'm not sure how long it will take for that to stop. I also feel like I'm losing my mind and depressed. I held off on the surgery for 3 years and it just got worst. I still don't know if this was a good idea.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.