5 weeks trying to get sober..

Posted , 10 users are following.

hi everyone I'm back! Been looking at posts but too ashamed to make comments.Well I'm ashamed to say I've been in bed now for 5 weeks.Split up with partner 5 weeks ago as I was drinking(was sober for 5 months). . We were together for 3 and half years. Before that I was married for 22 years. Well I went on a binge, then tapered down and it didn't work as I started to drink more again.basically I've tried addaction(3 weeks to get appointment), tapered myself down to 2 cans of fosters(hate lager!). Can't drink wine now as was so ill on it. Now on vodka. Was having hallucinations when tried to detox, 18 year old daughter got so worried I spent 2 separate nights in nights in hospital. Can't get a detox in Chesterfield. Addaction won't give me one( you have to taper down to get one and then they say you don't need one now), dr can't prescribe as its down to addaction . Hospital won't detox unless your dying re liver failure. Derbyshire Alcohol Advisery Service are at their wits end as they say people are dying. Postcode lottery...

in the mean time I'm dying. Just drank 1 litre of vodka with Coke in 24 hrs. Can't drink wine anymore . Is that bad? 

Oh and I walked into a mirror and fell down the stairs.. Covered in cuts and bruises and my daughter has gone back to her dads. I'm very very depressed obviously and on my own as everyone has given up on me now

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi l am sorry u are having a bad time, do u know that u can section yourself to the mental alcohol team, just exaggerate how sick u are that does help as they will have no choice but to admit you, keep in touch do not blame your self, we all have been there.
  • Posted

Paper Fairy: you are VERY BRAVE in admitting all these problems to us in the forum since we care for you. Yes 1 L vodka is a lot within 24 hours but you are being honest to us and yourself. Sorry to hear about all your personal problems and your daugher trying to help. What has happended since you posted this 3 days ago? sorry, but I do not always check every day.
  • Posted

How are you feeling paper fairy ?... I really hope that you are feeling a little more positive, and have been able to access some decent help...like others have said if you are finding it difficult, then go to casualty ( or call an ambulance. ) and say that your are in severe pain...your stomach or your chest..keep up the pain until you are admitted, it is ridiculous that you cannot just say can you please help me....you could also say to your GP..that if you are not offered any help from the alcohol services you may as well be dead....I know that this sounds extreme, but if it your only way to make anyone listen ....then do it.......I wish you lots of luck,.....help......and big, big, big warm hugs....Take care....Deirdre Anne. Xxxxx
    • Posted

Being an alcoholic myself...2 months recovery...(about)....I find it sad that PaperFairy has not replied.  I used to not reply because I was STILL drinking and felt like a loser.

Paper..you are not a loser...you are struggling with a serious condition...And I understand IT.....talk about it with us..it helps.

• Posted

good reply and well done to you. COming up to 3 yrs by 31st Dec for me.

• Posted

Congratulations on 3 years....it gets easier...It did for me...after the first 2 years...but the first 2 for me..were extremely difficult...but after a month or so...I started to feel empowered by kicking alcohols butt and I wouldn't let it take me over no matter what.

Thank God..I feel like that again.

• Posted

Hello Paper Fairy smile please please do not give up!! alcohol is everywhere and we equate it with enjoying ourselves.... you are not alone, there is help out there but you have to really want to stop the booze, think of when you were sober and happy?? you can have it again, good luck , please do not give up x
  • Posted

Hi paper fairy...I do so hope that you are ok....we are both worried and sad that we have not heard from you...

You are in my thoughts, I know and understand all the horrible emotions you Must be feeling, but never, ever give up hope lovely. Life can get better, and you DESERVE HEALTH AND HAPPINESS....big, big hugs to you lovey, Deirdre xxx...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.