50 year old feel 90

Posted , 7 users are following.

Dear fellow hot flushes

I am suffering the following with the wonderful menopause and I at my wits end any advice greatly received,I must add I will not take HRT,severe fatique sleeping 12 hours and more sometimes,then following week full of energy,severe joint pain in neck,shoulders and elbows,craving sugar and stodgy food,dry eyes,pain on sex,that's when I can be bothered,mood swings shall I go on all of the things I can deal with but the neck pain,and fatigue ,it's ruining my life does anyone know of any supplements that actually work I have,been on anti d but stopped taking them as they made me feel worse,and I already feel sedated,or drunk and woolly headed

I have taken early retirement cos of these symptoms,they don't seem to be getting any better

Any advice gratefully received

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

yep that sunshine's sure going to help! I also have bad joint pain at the moment, I'm 47 feeling like 97. Neck & hips are the worst. I have been told there are estrogen receptors in these place, along with bladder etc & the dropping estrogen levels are causing the problems. I'm taking cod liver oil, evening primrose/starflower oil. Just started on calcium/magnesium/vit D. Can't use HRT..just had a bad experience. 

Only posotive thing is it will get better as our bodies adjust. Let's  pray that it's soon smile

• Posted

Hi brimbo

I am 20 months post meno. ( age 50)

Still takes time post meno to adjust.

i am still levelling off ( no hrt) 20 months on, had all looked at by Gyno etc last August ( private) shown me my non functioning ovaries ( no follicles) on screen ( transvaginal scan) and my uterine thickness, nice and thin but more thinning to do possibly he said, had 3D breast scan, smear, VA was pointed out, VA ( dryness) can cause problems with discomfort and also bladder sensitivity post meno and in peri.

By no means when post meno is here ( 12 - 14 months no periods) does it all suddenly end unfortunately

😞

Jay x

• Posted

Yeah exactly 😞😞😞😞

Have a good day brimbo

Great here, blue sky, gonna be very warm one here, 😊 yippeee

Jay xx

• Posted

the subject of hot flashes.........the only thing I could think of to do was drink room temperature water, lots of it.  I figured if I was on fire I needed to put it out.  It takes a few minutes to work, I just keep drinking the water.

kathy

• Posted

I find running cold water from tap onto wrists helps me.

but mine have dropped off alot now, thank goodness

jay x

• Posted

Hi musie 

things will get worse before they get better. I have had the anxieties, panic attacks, nose bleeds due to sinus problems, and the stomach issues 

Stay away from HRT because that will just add more problems to the menopause 

If you need to get on a low dose of an SSRI'S to help with depression and anxieties they help with menopause stuff too

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.