6 cm. liver cyst

Posted , 17 users are following.

6-7 cm. cyst found in left lateral lobe of liver. Having symptoms of nausea,diarrhea, severe fatigue, pain in upper abdomen,radiating to back. Weight loss, decreased appetite. I have appt with heptalogist (sp), what should I expect?

0 likes, 54 replies

54 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Well I have not had to go to a hepatologist yet so I won't be much help to you not sure how much you know or how much you're worried about but if you already know its a cyst then its not cancerous but like you say it's causing you pain and nausea and of course when you're nauseous you don't feel like eating so you're going to lose weight wish I could help you further hang in there and take care I dunno in here that when sis get to a point maybe like yours they might do a reception and operate to take out the cyst
  • Posted

Well I have not had to go to a hepatologist yet so I won't be much help to you not sure how much you know or how much you're worried about but if you already know its a cyst then its not cancerous but like you say it's causing you pain and nausea and of course when you're nauseous you don't feel like eating so you're going to lose weight wish I could help you further hang in there and take care I dunno in here that when sis get to a point maybe like yours they might do a reception and operate to take out the cyst
  • Posted

Sorry don't know how it posted twice but if you don't mind my asking how old you are and are you a heavy drinker and how fast did it grow or was it the first time it was noticed
    • Posted

Don't drink, I am 58. The cyst showed up during cat scan looking for gallstones, 6 months ago, they decided to watch it, it was 4-5 cm. at that time, so it has grown a cm.
    • Posted

Then I would assume they're going to tell you to take it out you'll be fine and feel a hell of A lot better when its out. It's obvious that is what's causing your problems and you can't live like that. Unless they can try a needle aspiration assist should be fluid filled but will probably just fill up again
    • Posted

Thanks, I'm just ready for some relief, seems I've been sick all summer.
    • Posted

I too had liver cysts found by chance (3 of them) 5 months ago when looking for gallstones, I am being monitored for them so waiting for MRI scan appointment.   My consultant said if population was scanned, more than half would have cysts found in body, they are only picked up by chance.  I should know more about mine after scan results.
    • Posted

If you don't mind me asking how old are you and what size are your three cyst. Mine were not there 2 years ago when I had a CT with contrast but had one 5 months ago and 1 very small one showed up in my liver and one in my right kidney. Then I just got rescanned with an MRI with contrast a month ago to confirm and make sure they were cyst and they found one more right next to the other one in my liver both only one to two millimeters I am 47 years old not a heavy drinker not a smoker pretty healthy and athletic but guess we're going to get something huh
    • Posted

I'm 53, am not sure why and how cysts form in the liver but there must be lots of people walking around with cysts in their bodies unaware.  I wonder if cysts can be shrunk through diet? 
    • Posted

Me too I think it's a lot of toxins in the food we eat alcohol smoking and been doing a lot of reading on leaky gut syndrome and certain foods and realize as we get older it's harder to get rid of those toxins, they've built up and I think cyst are the byproduct of it all and eventually may turn into cancer. I think that's why they use the overall statements of yes its a cyst but this can turn cancerous as well. Start reading more into a persons and gluten particularly the one the one out of the two parts of gluten that affect people even if they do not have a gluten allergy or sensitivity. Gluten causes the same problem in every one that eats it but not everyone shows symptoms but may as they age.
    • Posted

Do you think liver cysts and fatty liver will shorten life span?  i hope not.  I have now cut out starchy carbs and sugar out of my diet and hope it will help my liver and that it's not too late.
    • Posted

Pretty sure fatty liver could depending how fatty it is but cysts i think no, unless you fund a study that showes they turn cancerous at some point or burst and cause internal hemorrhage.
  • Posted

I have my liver function blood tests next week including some tumour markers which I have asked for to put my mind at rest.   My last LFT's were normal last time so hoping for the same with my liver cysts.  Originally I thought I only had one cyst but it seems I have 3.  I would never have known this unless I'd had my ultrasound scan for what I was originally being investigated for gallstones.  
  • Posted

teena, do keep us update about your liver cyst, i am particularly interested as i have about 3 cysts now that have been detected and are now being monitored now that i know i have them.  I have fatty liver too (which was also picked up at the same time) and am also Type 2 diabetic so i am trying very hard now to lose weight and have already made major dietary changes.  Please let us know how you get on with yours.  Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.