6 month of living in fear

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've had anxiety all my life but after finding out im pregnant 6 month ago with second baby I don't feel myself i won't leave my house alone do nothing at all alone and I'm sick of it I feel dizzy detached from reality scared off everything headaches all the time ive become obsessed that have a brain tumour drs are sick of seeing me I have broken up with my partner now because it's so bad i want to be the person i was a few month ago and be the best mam I can be i just dont feel like there's no way out and I think it's more than anxiety!!!

3 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi shaunie..

I just wanted to try and give you a little bit of hope and reassurance ..

Anxiety is just chemicals in your brain reacting to your thoughts , it's a vicious circle the more you get worked up the worse you feel ..

At the moment I am going through some anxiety after having a virus and I know that the more worrying I do the worse I feel ,

But I have to concentrate on trying to think on other things , whether it's doing something in the garden , going for a walk or seeing family and friends , you have to distract yourself from thinking to much and once you get into that habit the feelings of panic do subside ..

I really feel you should get some counselling to learn how to deal with your thoughts as being pregnant you will be limited to medication you can take .. But I am not on any meds as I have had this before where it has been severe but I can deal with it better as I can think better .. But not everyone is the same and some people need meds ..

But shaunie I wish you well and I really hope you get some help .

Yvey

• Posted

Thankyou yvey71138 I can usually handle it really well but these last few months have been really bad and I'm struggling to come to terms with it, I know how much anxiety messes with your brain! I'm determined it's more than anxiety but drs haven't found anything I've had blood counts etc before I fell pregnant i was on medication which helped me alot

thankyou so much for your reply!

• Posted

Sorry to hear that shaunie

Try to tell yourself that jelly legs will still carry you and you won't meet with an accident because of your nerves.

Maybe if the doctor gave you beta blockers. They help with panic and take about  3 weeks to kick in.

You will have good days if you don't give in to your nerves.

I wish you luck. You are not alone with this fear. Whenever you are feeling anxious try to remember that thousands of other people are going through the same. As I said, you are not alone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.