6 months after tvta and posterior repair - exercise causing pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had my op in July last year. No exercise for 6 weeks then gradually reintroduced it. Recently thought was ok to up intensity as way past 12 weeks post op. Now in pain and had swelling for 8 days. Phoned hospital who said go to GP who said was strain - examined and checked for re prolapse. Has anyone else had this happen? How long until it goes away? Any tips? Am only 39 with 2 small kids.

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Ladies, I would like to mention that when I had my cystocele and hysterectomy op las year, as soon as I had permission to have sex at 6 weeks, I asked my surgeon about sports and he said I could do any sport except for weight-lifting sports. I preferred to be cautious and avoid impact sports. I tried running but it was bothering (I could feel the steps on my vagina) and finally I only did cycling, swimming and some fitness that excludes jumping. I think Jodie is not the only one that has not been adviced properly by the docs regarding sports... hugs!!!!!

• Posted

The post operative advice given in a lot of cases is non existent x
    • Posted

Went to gynaecologist. No damage to tape or area of prolapse. Is a urine infection. On antibiotics. Wasn't drinking enough or emptying bladder fully.

• Posted

That's good news jodie. You'll be feeling much better soon x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.