6 months and pain above the knee

Posted , 3 users are following.

This pain above the knee just started. When i walk i get a sharp pain. To stop the pain i have to keep the knee strait and stiff.its not every day ...more like every second day. i have not been able to get to the gym, now because of the virus and the month before as i had my appendix out and the surgeon said no exercise even the recumbent bike. ANY IDEAS

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

There are gentle stretches that can be done go on line and look. The aren't hard to find and you do them on the floor. Just take it easy and don't try but one or two at the beginning.

• Posted

See if this helps...

Other Pain After a TKR

There's also the muscle rebuild that has to be done to take the load off of the new knee. In your case, I'd try some Voltaren Gel (generic diclofenac) and heed your doc's warning. Ease off the knee for a bit but keep it active. No gym? Order a set of exercise bands. You can do all the rebuild exercises with the bands. Start with the easy one and progress up the set.

• Posted

That's true. After taking it easy for a bit it should be easier.

• Posted

thanks...before the appendix surgery my knee was great and work outs at the gym were going well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.