6 months post gaulbladder surgery

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi can anyone help?   it is nearly 6 months since i had my gaul bladder removed and my stools are still sometimes very slimey and smelly.  also, i'm still getting a lot of flatulance!   i'm trying to be very careful as to what i eat, and sometimes frightened to eat anything incase i get the dreaded d and nosea!   Please can someone help as i'm afraid incase i'm starting to get bowel cancer or something like that!  have no pain, and not loosing weight!   Very worried and frightened Val!

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Valerie. I am the wife of James. I had my gall bladder removed at the end of January. From my pre op weight 2 days before surgery I was at 170lbs. At the end of February I weighed 204. I have had nothing but diarrhea (mostly bile) , nausea (mostly dry heaves), bloating, but no pain, no weight loss. I have a new family dr and her plan is to run test until she finds some answers. I have never weighed this much EVER. I am now on antidepressants!! If or when my dr finds an answer, I will gladly pass it on to you since we are sharing the same nightmare!!
    • Posted

Hi James's wife I too am the heaviest I have ever been too and I have Bile Salt Malorbstion(sp) I am the same as Valeries I also have the vomiting phobia dreadful when you suffer with this also! I hope they find an answer my Doc just hand me tablets and Imodium to shut me up.        
    • Posted

Hi Sandynan!  what are you taking to absorb the bile, and to solidify your stools?  Have you tried that Caltrate calcium 600 D?  They seem to say on the forum that its supposed to help!  I've ordered some, but am a bit apprehensive, because when i was in hospital, there was a lady in who'd been put on calcium and it made her very sick!   I hope it doesn't do that for me!  i've joined the metaphobia society online. Do let me know what your taking for the loose stools.   Hugs!  Val.
    • Posted

Hi Val I was given Colesevelam 1 a day and Imodium which I can take up to 8 a day, but the Colesevelam was wonderful at first like a miracle! but eventually it didn't work as well so I now have to take two a day and of course I can't go anywhere without taking a couple of Imodium I am frightened of taking anything else in case it upsets my tum you know what I mean Val, are you on Facebook? if so I will send a friend request, let me know xxxx
    • Posted

Hi Sweetheart!  Sorry not on face book, but you can send me a private message as acejohnson does via the forum that way you can say what you like i hope! val. xxx
  • Posted

Hi valerie!

Just drink Apple Juice every day. :D

and eat Banana or papaya always..

wink

Adjust your lifestyle,

Dont eat too much fatty foods and oily foods..

you can eat but not too much..

in morning you can take oatmeal for that is one of the bile reducing food.

adjust your diet slowly....

Take care!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.