6 week restrictions 😞

Posted , 16 users are following.

Hi Ive got my thp on 29th Dec it will be posterior and un-cemented.

I spoke to the occupational therapist and she has said I will be partial weight bearing on crutches. She said I wont be able to shower for 6 weeks, even though ive got a walk in cubicle shower. I can handle the non-shower part just about but how do people wash their hair?

Thanks Caron

0 likes, 54 replies

54 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I was in hospital 3 nights and had a shower when I got home as I have a walk in shower and had a waterproof dressing. I also had posterior uncemented and home with two walking sticks so weight bearing. I bought some sticky dots from a mobility shop online that you can position on the shower floor to make it non slip and these have been very good. I don’t like shower mats as they can sometimes slip themselves. I borrowed a perching stool via the district nurse but didn’t really need it so sent it back after a week. I think some of the people who are supposed to advise us are over cautious. I do wonder if they worry about being sued or something.  All the best for your op

Regards

Ann

• Posted

Yes I agree I think there is a lot of red tape when it comes to the restrictions. Thanks for the advice.
    • Posted

Strange how advice varies. Like a lot of the others I had a waterproof dressing. I had a shower on day 2 before I left hospital. I found having a shower very soothing. I washed my hair under our mixer tap in the kitchen. Good luck!
    • Posted

Thank you. Yes I think it does vary from consultant to consultant. Yes I can imagine that a shower would make you feel so mucu better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.